Abdominal problem since past 17 yrs

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I am 34 yrs old male, married. i am from India. I am working as a software programmer.

- my stomach is bloating, some time feel constipation problem and some mucus type lubricant come after passing the stool since past 17 yrs.

- I have also obsessive compulsive O.C.D and stress issue since past 17 yrs. i took treatment for O.C.D for 6 years. but could not get the full relief.

- Hair fall problem since past 12 yrs.

- Sometimes i need to fresh 2 times at morning.

- i am feeling lower back pain from past 5 years. doctor advised some vitamin d medicine but could not relief.

- I am feel tiredness, lack of concentration.

- my body is not build up in my entire life.

I am not doing physical exercise. but i walks daily 1 kilometer.

now I have gone under abdomen ultrasound and blood test.

Ultrasound shows there is no any problem.

my blood test are normal.

Blood Test Details:

HB: 11.1%

Platelet Count: 1.37 Lakh/cmm

Blood Sugar Random: 95 mg/dl

Blood Urea: 35 mg/dl

S. Creatinine: 1.0 mg/dl

S. Bilirubin (Total): 0.8 mg/dl

S. Bilirubin (Direct): 0.3 mg/dl

S. Bilirubin (Indirect): 0.5 mg/dl

S.G.O.T: 27 IU/L

S.G.P.T: 36 IU/L

Doctor advised me to take pepsin based syrup and Lactosym Capsule for 15 days but could not get good relief. doctor advised me for CT-Scan Abdomen.

How i identified the root cause of my issues.

What kind of issues CT Scan can show which Ultrasound can not show.

Please help me to get rid these issues and start a new life.

Thanks a lot.

- kumar.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I do not take any tea/ coffee/ alcohol/ smoking in my life.

thanks.

• Posted

Ultrasounds use 3D imaging so they can still show very accurate results.   CTs give more detailed imaging.
    • Posted

Hello,

Thanks for reply.

By the way, should i go to Gastroenterologist?

• Posted

I would ask your doctor to refer you to a gastroenterologist if your problems are abdominal.
  • Posted

Hi kumar12583

Ask your doc to check your Vitamin B12 levels and your Thyroid....

• Posted

Also kumar have your Vir D checked also..low Vit D can cause gastric problems......
    • Posted

Hello,

Thanks for reply.

I have checked thyroid. it was normal. but i have not checked Vitamin D and Vitamin B12.

• Posted

I had these issues since my teenage years i am now 39 and ive always been diagnosed with ibs ive had cameras scans etc and they never detected the real problem.. i was rushed to hospital 1 year ago with suspected appendicitis... it turned out my bowel had perforated... this was due to diverticulitis NOT ibs it was never ibs they just never picked it up... so personally i would suggest to your doctor that it might be worth checkimg for diverticulitis... i hope you get some amswers soon smile
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. I have these issues from my teen age. So Have you diagnosed with IBS ??

and what kind of test i need to.

Thanks.

• Posted

Hi , i was diagnosed with ibs in my early 20's but they got it wrong as it turned out i had diverticulitis which is a bowel condition that causes bloating .. pain .. loose stools and mucus in stools.. i found food affected it very much .. oily food ...processed food and corn and nuts .. mashed potato too would leave me with a poorly tummy within half an hour of eating .. and it made me depressed and anxious .. i have been told to be on a high fibre and high fluid diet .. i had most of my bowel removed due to the diverticulitis getting infected ... have you had a camera investigation?

• Posted

Yes .. it is a 'disease' that grows pockets of tissue on the bowel walls.. these can swell and cause perforation of the bowel .. they swell when they get infected... not enough research has been done still so not sure how it develops

• Posted

Forgot to add that my blood tests all came back satisfactory every time ... it seemed my disease laid silent.....or the doctors werent doing their jobs probably ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.