Abdominal problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

Have recently come off amiytriptylene for various reasons. Now, don't know if it's related, tightness across top of my rib cage, bloating and really bad pain at top of my stomach. Some of it I have suffered before, but the stomach pain is much worse and really getting me down.

Any advice appreciated, many thanx.

Take care, Anne

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Anne; I can't relate to this one: maybe someone else will be able to, and I will keep an eye open for any news.   Have you checked in Sypmtom Checker for this/or perhaps if really bothering you, maybe completely something else ??? if no-one answers, you may need to check with either Pharmacist/GP....I can't think of anythinng that would connect Upper chest with abdominal pain/bad breath etc....the abdo pain and bad breath could be related to stomach (extended/over retention of digestive gases etc),  but not sure re the  Tightness of Top of Rib cage....have you ever had a Gastric Ulcer, or on any continuous use of an Anti-inflammatory???............awaiting any more inputs.....Bron
  • Posted

Hi Anne sorry I cant relate to this 1 either I would see how you go over the weekend, and if you possibly can speak to your gp on monday.sorry cant be of much helpsad
  • Posted

Hi Anne

I have stomach (abdominal) pains and have had severe bloatedness for many years prior to finding out I had FM... I get pains lower down across where my bowel is too. I have had chest pains in the past which were extremely painful and crept up toward my neck making me feel strangled, scary too.... where I wasn't able to breathe properly.... I never put this down to meds although I have sensitivities to most I have tried. I think its the FM but because Coleiac and IBS are both autoimmune dieseases and both of these my sisters suffer with and are to do with  bacteria in your body, namely the good ones.....I am currently trying to work on correcting my gut flora by taking prebiotic tablets (as I dont like the drinks). I have some sensitivities to certain foods only not sure which as yet, I had an extreme reaction to McDonalds once.... all nasal and throat passages began to swell and then came a rash around my neck and across my chest, I couldn't breathe.... went to Hosp and was given steroid tabs, am fine now. I am currently at day 8 of a months supply taking 1 a day just to see if there is a difference in the pain and bloatedness.

I hope this helps espec if youve had any of these symptoms you may see a similarity but I would say speak to your doc first if you're not sure.

Best wishes anne

Angie x

• Posted

Hello Angel,

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful. I am going to see the Doc about this. But you know what it's like, you put it down to Fibro, but wonderif it's something else.

Take care, Anne

• Posted

Hi anne we have alot of different symptoms with fibro, this condition throws all sorts at us. If you have a symptom where your not sure if its fibro or something else going on. its always worth checking things out with your gp. take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.