Abdominal swelling - Lyme?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I was recently diagnosed with Chronic Lyme. MY question is to see if my latest symptoms are related. I have swelling on the abdomen, left side close to ribs. It'b badly swollen and sticks out! With this I have bad abdominal pain, left side which radiates through ti the back. Greasy skin, loose stool. For me it's more a Pancreatic issue but bloodwork and scans are all clear, just Gamma GT is elevated to 150. 3 Gastro docs have told me it's not my Pancreas.

Could this be Lyme related???

Thanks all, I aapreciate your time.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jon, as a fellow chronic Lyme sufferer, I can't say for sure but it sounds possibly Lyme related. It wouldn't surprise me with this horrible disease. I have pain and possibly swelling in the kidney area. 
    • Posted

OK thanks Matt. A few ppl have told me the same....

Hang in there!

• Posted

Hi Joh, I two have pains you describe also one at R under bottom rib,

Do you have asevere pain inl  shoulder, elbow and  which prevent movement sometime terrible back pain. If so iy may be  a part of Lyme.

Are theswe pains constant or do they come and go,

Does your leg  every so often suddeny keep inging twich at nighttime 

• Posted

I also had inflammation, mine was my right side. I was admitted into the hospital for six days. I was checked for gallstones, but did not have them. I was told my liver enzymes were abnormal,and my gallbladder was inflamed. I was put on iv antibiotics,and released after six days. After several weeks I was back with chronic pain all over and it was then I was later diagnosed with Lyme.
  • Posted

Yes Jon.

The stomach swelling and the pains and then the loose bowels after a yera of very severe constpation.

I thought it must be my pancreas but who knows.

recently I began to feel nasusous at thought of food and just had water for two weeks.   

Stomack pain totally eased

Cut down or eliminate all carbs and sugars. Drink lots of water and see if stomach pain eases. If you don't take salt and feel like salty foods then add more salt to your green veg. Soak salad greens in salt water for ten minutes before rinsing and eating.

How can so many folk have such similar, odd things happening to them.?

Yours sounds similar to mine  and most other people with Lyme or similara,

Remember we will all vary slightly because we all have different make up and immune systems .

Whatever you feel is being felt by lots of others

Keep positive.

• Posted

Thanks for all your answers! Similar symptoms from what I hear. I have swelling and internal throbbing. I need to find the right meds to reduce this. I heard sauna could be a good solution too - is this correct?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.