Abdominal tenderness / pain. Help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

A little background story first,

two years ago I had a 16 cm dermoid cysts that had bursted and caused a torsion to my ovary. was surgically removed with my right ovary and fellopian tube. After that I had several other trips to the ER with abdominal pain and turned out i also had gallstones and a bellybutton hernia.

Two days ago, i had excruciating pain that started on my lower left abdominal side then spread to the point i no longer could pin point the pain. lasted about 8 hours and no amount of anti-inflammatory drugs would help. i am now feeling residual pain as if someone punched me on the inside and left me sore. i opted not to go to er this time bc of covid and doct office is closed. any ideas what could be happening? 😕

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi V, Seeing your history, call your DR/hospital and tell them your symptoms & about having the cyst, torsion & emergency surgery...you should go to the DR, at least phone ASAP...there is a 15% chance that women will have this in BOTH ovaries...they have a high incidence of torsion, which is an emergency...I in NO WAY want you to panic, as it could be a re-injury of your hernia or surgical adhesions but, the pain you are describing sounds like what could be from an ovary or tube....you need to consult a DR as only they can tell you, using diagnostic testing EXACTLY what it is...IF you end up talking to a NEW DR....be sure to describe your history of the CYST, TORSION, ER SURGERY...they need to know your chances are higher for having a repeat & you aren't just Googling stuff!! Good Luck...I really hope you're okay and everything works out for you!! BEST WISHES💒☮🎶🐾🌈♾🍀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.