abdominal ulrasound and blood tests dont understand what they rearly mean

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have had my blood test back allnormal but my vitamin d level was only 45 i have taken supliments now it has gone to 76 from 45 in 3 weeks,my parathyroid was up it came back fattt tissue no further action my trica sorry i cant spell it to do with my colesterol hdl normal ldl normal got to have follow up blood tests in 3 weeks i dont understand all this can anyone advise

thank you mary

ps all this was to sort my bloated stomach out  doc always said it was i b s

so worried

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Vitamin D levels range with different test the one the docs used will tell u it is normal when in actuality u are deficient. This causes pain in the bones and muscles and every doctor need to test for vitamin d deficiency because this could very well be linked to many diseases. We need to aim not for normal vitamin d levels but for optimum which is above normal lab ranges. The parathyroid gland fat percent is high which means the have to retest you to make sure nothing else is going on with it because it is linked to Your vitamin D and kidneys and calcium absorption. When one thing is off sometimes it throws others out of bounds also.
  • Posted

Hi Mary, your vit D level went up so quickly! Lucky you, it took me almost 2 years to get to a normal level even on a very high dose. Sorry can't explain your investigations, do make sure you ask why you had each test. Perhaps a referral to a nutritionist or a dietician for the IBS would help.
    • Posted

Great suggestion...the nutritionist. That wouldnt hurt at all. Another way i would go is alternative medicine , like a bio nutritionist who deals with natural remedies instead of traditional meds where it helps one problem but creates another problem which is something they do not tell us.
  • Posted

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling to well this evening,  fatty liver dont really cause you to feel sick just a little heavy on the side. Your doc should be happy that you are making her do what needs to be done after all thats her choice of profession which is to take care of us. I am glad your not just accepting things and not pursuing . I think its long overdue, they need to find out whats happening with you and i know its not in your mind, they like to say that also. Please try to relax a little and not worry to much . Take each day one at a time and thank god that we see the sun rise and set again. If the hot bag works for you dont stop using it. At least you can take a little comfort in that..simba

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.