Abdominal Ultrasound

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone. I had an abdominal ultrasound done last Thursday. All results came back normal, thank The Lord. But I was just wondering, what exactly can an abdominal ultrasound show? My doc said they were gonna check my gallbladder but I know they also did liver, kidneys, spleen, stomach and pancreas. Which I believe consists of an abdominal ultrasound LOL. She didn’t go into detail about what an ultrasound could show but I never thought to ask, silly me. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well mine also came back not showing anything unusual but I'm in lots of pain and I went to see my gp and he examined me and thinks I have gastritis having blood tests next week as part of the next procedure what were they looking for what are your symptoms

• Posted

Hi Royalty, thank you for your reply!

My doc diagnosed me with gastritis a few weeks ago because of pain under my right rib and tenderness, my acid reflux has also been acting up terribly. She prescribed me Zantac, I take it twice a day. The pain is gone but can’t tell much of a difference with my acid reflux. So she ordered the ultrasound to check my gallbladder.

I’ve had CBCs, a liver and kidney function test, a chest X-ray, a d dimer, urinalysis, a hepatitis panel and a pancreas test. She also did a liver exam before diagnosing me with gastritis. I asked for a pancreas test because I was freaking out and I have terrible health anxiety. I have not had an endoscopy though. I’m thinking I may ask for one when I go back the 17th.

Good luck with your blood tests! I hope you are able to get some answers for you pain soon!!

• Posted

My dr had just examined me and going by my symptoms and the examination he said it sounds like you have got gastritis I just feel awful n I have high pain threshold but this takes some sticking esp in arms shoulders the rib pain is awful but arms shoulders is something else I have a job to lift anything or dry myself from shower or twist 
  • Posted

My ultrasound scanned my bladder, kidneys, spleen, gallbladder and liver which where all clear.
  • Posted

Hi Dev0815

An abfominal ultrasound will scan....there is a Digestive Ultrasound which scans and detects many digestive problems including cysts or abnormal growths in the liver, spleen or pancreas, enlargement of spleen and cancer of liver and fatty liver, gallstones or sludge in the gallbladder.....other ultrasound procedures scan kidneys and blood flow through aorta and vena cava to the heart..also ultrasound will scan ovaries, uterus and bladder...the Technologist will only scan what has been requested by the doctor and a Radiologist will interpret the test results....

• Posted

Sorry ignore first 5 words thought i deleted them...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.