Abdominal wall repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have a huge hernia and my stomach wall is gone so there is nothing to mesh together. Looking for someone thats had the same problem and what they did about it.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi I have exactly the same problem my surgeon has said I need a complete abdominal reconstruction procedure to fix me it involves removing my stomach muscles and turning them round to run across rather than down I posted earlier to see if anyone had this procedure done. I'm in alot of pain and it really is making life difficult x

• Posted

i need this also. what state are you from? i am having extreme panic attacks from worrying so much.

• Posted

hi , I'm in the UK I feel exactly the same I'm so stressed about it I've already had 2 open hernia repairs but now it's back again in a difficult place this is my only option x

• Posted

Hi Deborah ,

May I ask what kind of hernia it is?

I'm in a lot of pain and have been diagnosed with 4 hernias . That was 5 years ago for one and 4 years ago for the other 3. I'm so lost on what's going on with them . I have an endoscopy next week. My abdomen is painful, actually everywhere is painful, back , groin, legs plus nausea and no appetite since it's all worse when I eat. Do you have symptoms besides pain?

• Posted

i just have some pain but was told my whole stomach is a hernia. i have had multiple hernia surgerys.

• Posted

Oh wow. I'd never heard of that.

I'm sorry you have to have had all those surgeries. Hernias are an awful thing to put up with.

• Posted

Hi Deborah ,

May I ask what kind of hernia it is?

I'm in a lot of pain and have been diagnosed with 4 hernias . That was 5 years ago for one and 4 years ago for the other 3. I'm so lost on what's going on with them . I have an endoscopy next week. My abdomen is painful, actually everywhere is painful, back , groin, legs plus nausea and no appetite since it's all worse when I eat. Do you have symptoms besides pain?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.