Skip to content

Hernia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • norton87766 2

Inguinal hernia - advice needed - what to do

Hello I’m quite new on the forum here, and would really appreciate some advice.   I learned recently that I have a small inguinal hernia (about 2.5 cm).    I’ve done a little reading here and elsewhere about hernia surgery, and must admit, that while I’d like to get this fixed,  I’m quite scared

30 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • bb123 3

Hiatus hernia front to back pain

What a journey I've been on since 2014 and still going strong. Oiiii!!! In 2014 I had a colonoscopy/endoscopy and I've been diagnosed with GERD, Gastritis and a Hiatal Hernia. Been having troubles this past year to current with stomache pains, on/off scapula shoulder pains and now a stabbing that

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sue1155 2

Incisional Hernia

Hi, I had to have half my stomach removed last year in July, long scar going from top of stomach to a little below the belly button. Right on the scar where the belly button is there is a lump and it's been there about 3 months but getting bigger and protruding more. My question is and sorry to go

• adele 89294 3
  • kyla70470 2

Hiatal Hernia symptoms

I was diagonsed with a large hiatal hernia I am currently awating surgery on, recently I have had a burning feeling in my mouth and throat and a feeling of something stuck in my throat.  Is this normal or should I be worried?  I am 30 years old and of average weight

15 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • crazymama 2

Hiatus Hernia and Palpitations

I have been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia but have had lots of problems with palpitations recently, i also sometimes get a cold shivery feeling some nights as if i am going down with flu, i have suffered from really bad acidity over the last 10 years, i have had three endoscopy's and it was on the

105 replies 6 votes Last reply
  • adele 89294 3

Female Inguinal Hernia Repair with mesh

Hi there, I thought I would post some information regarding my right inguinal hernia repair with mesh whcih was done on 21/10/2015 as there does not seem much information on the internet regarding females with inguinal hernias. I did no way think it would be so painful recovering from my hernia

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • eddie10 2

SLIDING HIATUS HERNIA SYMPTOMS AND QUESTIONS

Hi I'm new to this site, just recently been diagnosed with a 4cm sliding hiatus hernia after suffering for 2 years with horrendous chest, neck, shoulder and back pain! been to A&E a least 5 times this year thinking I was having heart problems! had an endoscopy 4 weeks ago and was diagnosed! so now what?...

257 replies 14 votes Last reply
  • gordon46479 2

Recurrence of Inguinal Hernia

Hi, looking for some advice, I have had a bo-lateral inguinal hernia(keyhole surgery). The mesh on the left side bunched up and poked through on the 1st day, the right side hernia(direc and indirect) came back after 3 months. I get my consultant to examine both of my hernias, he confirmed that I

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Phentis 2

Risk of strangulation for inguinal hernia

Is there any way to determine risk of an inguinal hernia strangulation via ultrasound, X-rays or any other method? After reading about how often people encounter complications, I would really like to avoid having a surgery if the risks are not that high for me.

• SJK16 2

I want the operation but my gp isn't offering me it!!

Hello. I was diagnosed end of March with a Rolling Hiatus Hernia. It has been causing me a lot of pain and I was relieved when I found out what had been causing all my pain. I went for a follow up at my GP after my endoscopy and I was explained what I had, I really want it gone but my doctor says

• naomi2508 2

sliding hiatus hernia repair

I'm having surgery on 27th April 2017 for a sliding hiatus hernia repair.. any advice ..? How long will I be in hospital..? I have Barrettes oesophagus as well..

• angela16785 2

Hiatus Hernia pain

hi i had a endoscopy camera down throat into stomach : were they found a hiatus hernia, this was about 10 years ago, i also had my gallbladder out in 2013 occasionally i get a really bad type of pain in middle of  my sternum  more or less between my boobs or just below but it is always

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • aaron05683 1

Pain during ejaculation; sports hernia / inguinal hernia

Years ago I was diagnosed with a "sports" hernia in the inguinal area (which wasn't a true hernia but acted like one). Nothing they could really do because surgery made no sense since there was no "hole" to repair. Very frustrating, but with rest and time it went away. A few weeks ago I was

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • norton87766 2

Pilates after inguinal hernia repair - any advice?

I had surgery for the repair of a small inguinal hernia just over a month ago.  It was open, pure-tissue (no mesh) surgery.   My recovery has been proceeding fairly well, with fairly minimal discomfort, so I'm "cautiously optimistic" about continued progress. I do notice at the end of each day,

• david22909 2

Inguinal Hernia Ongoing Pain

Hello, I had double inguinal hernia surgery over 10 years ago. The hernia was on my left side, right side OK. They just patched it saying it would make it strong and not tear out latter. Ever since my surgery, I have had problems. The screws that hold the mesh in, several came out and traveled up

• crabbitrabbit 1

Hiatus Hernia or something more serious?

I suspect I have a hiatus hernia, but I'm also worried it could be something serious and I won't find out until I have an endoscopy, which could be months away. I really need someone to reassure me that I am experiencing a hiatus hernia, and not something more urgent or severe, and possibly give me

56 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • selphie85 3

Open surgery repair or laparoscopy surgery repair?

Hi all~ wanna seek for opinion for surgery repair my umbilical hernia. Ytd i just admit ti hospital, today doctor will arrange a ct scan make sure izzit i hv defect or not. Last time he said very small. But this few weeks, around belly keep on off Make me very uncomfortable.. so if really

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • pinkmignon123 1

Hiatus Hernia with back and arm pain

Help Has anyone out there with a Hiatus Hernia experienced what feels like heartburn in your back and left arm. I have been diagnosedwith a Hiatus Hernia and take 30mg of Lansoprazoleonce a day and 10 of Motilium 3 times a day. But it doesn't seem to help the pain I have. I have had pain every

81 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • gray821 2

Exercise after double inguinal hernia surgery

Hi, I posted on here asking for some advice before my surgery. I had it on 21st March through NHS. It was double inguinal hernia repair by keyhole with mesh. Left side was ok, but surgeon said of the right side 'big, twisted and attached to other things. Difficult op. Surprised you've been walking'

• jonboy80 2

Large complex incisional hernia

Hi all hope your all ok, Im new to this and have just found the courage to share my story and would really like your help. In 2014 i had a umbilical and ventral hernia repair unfortunatley this wasnt a sucsess and ive been left in a worse state than i was. I developed a dehiscence of my wound which

39 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • UKSteph 2

Hiatus Hernia Surgery

I'm due to go in for surgery on Wednesday and a bit terrified as I always feel like I am choking when I eat food and the only way I can cope is by getting being able to do this after surgery has me freaked out bit time. Just hoping that the positives of having this done will take away

167 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • guyofchelt 2

Hiatus Hernia - Breathing Problems.

A few years ago after an Endoscopy I was diagnosed with a small sliding Hiatus Hernia which I have treated with Omeprezole. Recently I have been encountering some breathing difficulties combined with a staggering amount of reflux and despite doubling to 40mg of Omeprezole the reflux and breathing

111 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • Dee Bee 1

Recovery after Inguinal Hernia Operation

i had my operation three weeks ago and at first all had gone really well. Needless to say at first I was getting the benefit of the hospital administered Morphine. Unfortunately taking Cocodamol coedine tablets at home causes constipation issues. I was taking Lactulose and a careful diet, I quickly

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • sue38973 2

incisional hernia breathing problems

I had a bowel operation in Novenber for adhestions , a few weeks ago i got a herinia from it, I have a really bad cough which doesnt help, although thats easeing off a bit,still worse at night, its been three weeks and now i feel really chesty if i lay down even propped up with pilows, i have just

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • shaz20 1

Hiatus Hernia advice needed

Hi everyone, I've recently been diagnosed with with Hiatus Hernia, through an endoscopy. Mine is a 4cm sliding one. Over the past 3 months the quality of my life has drastically dropped, I am being sick almost every day (whether I eat or not), getting a burning sensation, burping non stop and

56 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Kristo 3

Hiatus Hernia and breathing issues

Hi all.I have a 3 cm sliding haitus hernia and rather alot of symptoms lately all with witch i can kind of deal with exept one,and its breathing issues or to put it better i have the stamina of a old man and i am only i walk stairs or pick something up i have to stop and catch my breath.I

116 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • tommyboy77 3

Hiatal or abdominal hernia?

In the past 3 years, i have had 3 abdominal surgeries. In 2014, I had an umbilical hernia repaired. In 2015, I had my gallbladder removed laparascopically. In 2016, I had double hernia surgery (inguinal/abdominal and umbilical). Since around September, I've noticed that above my incision from

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • linda3750 2

Robotic Removal Of Umbilical Hernia Mesh Yes or No?

On Dec. 21st 2016 I had a small umbilical hernia repair and the doctor used a 4.5" round Vertralight ST mesh. I had no time to research anything about mesh implants as I went in on Monday and had the surgery done laparoscopically on Wednesday. I believe now my hernia could have been a watched one

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • SJK16 2

Rolling Hernia/ paraesophageal Hiatus Hernia!

Hello. Last week I was diagnosed with prolapsing gastric muscosa and a paraesophageal Hernia after my ensodcopy.  I'm a 21 year old female, I was just wondering will I have to have surgery? I've read that paraesophageal (Rolling) hernias are less common than sliding ones and they require surgery. ...

• ConcernedOH 1

Stitches Appearing From Navel

Hello, We're confused after my partners hernia operation. The operation was around 4 weeks ago now, and the problem started 3 weeks ago (1 week post op). There have been visits to the GP, local Nurse and even A&E to see a consultant. We are still awaiting a call from the original surgeon to

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • john01315 5

Incisional hernia

Hi. Has anyone out there had an incisional hernia using mesh? I have mine in 3 weeks. It will be open surgery. I'm not over worried about it, just wondering about other people's experiences. Would it help to lose some weight? I am about 93kg and 171 cm tall. (About 14 1/2 stone and 5'8" I think!) Male,...

111 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • stephen60855 2

Trouble sleeping after inguinal hernia surgery

I had my inguinal hernia fixed over a week ago, and generally everything is fine.  No pain during the day & I've started taking proper walks.  The wound is healing well, although when I changed the dressing I was a bit surprised to find an 8" cut line as I'd expected keyhole surgery.  However, I

• leelee73 2

hiatus hernia

I have been on omeprozole 40g for 6months and it seems to have stopped working and i am having as flare. Does this sound familiar?  

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • welshexport 2

Living with Hiatus hernia and vagus nerve problems for 30 years

In 1985 I gave myself a hiatus hernia this was caused while lifting weights but was not actually diagnosed until 1994. In 1985 when I injured myself I was in the Royal Air Force up until this point I considered myself to be quite fit, the first symptom I started experiencing was palpitations

41 replies 4 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions