Skip to content

Hernia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • abrogard 2

Any News On Desarda Inguinal Hernia Repair?

I was diagnosed with double inguinal hernia a couple of years ago and have been on 'watchful waiting' ever since. I studied quite a bit in the early months and got horrified and worried by all the stories of pain and complications after mesh and laparoscopic surgery. I found Dr Desarda's technique...

29 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • guyofchelt 2

Hiatus Hernia - Breathing Problems.

A few years ago after an Endoscopy I was diagnosed with a small sliding Hiatus Hernia which I have treated with Omeprezole. Recently I have been encountering some breathing difficulties combined with a staggering amount of reflux and despite doubling to 40mg of Omeprezole the reflux and breathing problems...

124 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • adele 89294 3
  • adele 89294 3

Femoral hernia

After having inguinal hernia repair with mesh and chronic pain from it I had the mesh removed and triple neurectomy. I have now been diagnosed with a femoral hernia after I noticed a new buldge. I was examined and the femoral hernia was found using ultrasound. That is all I need after bowel resection...

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Grandpa Pete 2

Define heavy lifting?

Hernia surgery next week. Will mowing the lawn and putting dustbins out be heavy lifting? Obviously will take at least a week off and not planning to put heavy objects in the bins. Just wondering about what would be regarded as "heavy"

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • wesley1985 1
  • eddie10 2

SLIDING HIATUS HERNIA SYMPTOMS AND QUESTIONS

Hi I'm new to this site, just recently been diagnosed with a 4cm sliding hiatus hernia after suffering for 2 years with horrendous chest, neck, shoulder and back pain! been to A&E a least 5 times this year thinking I was having heart problems! had an endoscopy 4 weeks ago and was diagnosed! so now what?...

275 replies 16 votes Last reply
  • lorna37853 2

Lorna

Can anyone tell me whether salad vegetables e.g. lettuce and cucumber can cause hernia pains?  I suspect they do, but can find no mention of them in any hernia websites I have read. I was just diagnosed as having hiatus hernia today.

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rzaya614 2

Hiatal Hernia all of a sudden not there??? Help please :)

Okk so a few years back I got horrible Acid reflux and so doctor did and endoscopy which he said showed a hiatal hernia! I started taking prilosec once a day. Fast forward 2 years and 1/2 i decided to wean off prilosec and began having horrible pain again, so another doctor from the same office did an...

• naomi2508 2

sliding hiatus hernia repair

I'm having surgery on 27th April 2017 for a sliding hiatus hernia repair.. any advice ..? How long will I be in hospital..? I have Barrettes oesophagus as well..

25 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jonboy80 2

Large complex incisional hernia

Hi all hope your all ok, Im new to this and have just found the courage to share my story and would really like your help. In 2014 i had a umbilical and ventral hernia repair unfortunatley this wasnt a sucsess and ive been left in a worse state than i was. I developed a dehiscence of my wound which required...

51 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • crazymama 2

Hiatus Hernia and Palpitations

I have been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia but have had lots of problems with palpitations recently, i also sometimes get a cold shivery feeling some nights as if i am going down with flu, i have suffered from really bad acidity over the last 10 years, i have had three endoscopy's and it was on the last...

109 replies 6 votes Last reply
  • Simijonov 2
  • vicky40317 2

Open incisional hernia

Hi everyone I'm waiting to go in for open surgery to repair a midline abdominal incisional hernia. I have had it for 4 years and it is causing lots of problems I'm told it's a complicated one as it starts just under my ribs and I have multiple defects in the abdominal wall. I have lost a lot of weight...

38 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Kristo 3

Hiatus Hernia and breathing issues

Hi all.I have a 3 cm sliding haitus hernia and rather alot of symptoms lately all with witch i can kind of deal with exept one,and its breathing issues or to put it better i have the stamina of a old man and i am only 33.when i walk stairs or pick something up i have to stop and catch my breath.I would...

120 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Chest pain and Hiatus Hernia?

Hi all. I'm looking some guidance. I was diagnosed with a small hiatus hernia 18 months ago following months of enduring reflux and its side effects. I was initially prescribed lanzoprazole but this had little to no effect so i'm now taking omperazole. This, up until now has been successful in controlling...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • candice68524 2

Strangulated hernia

I had a small hernia for the past 13 years just above my belly button and it never ever bothered me. All you could see was a tiny bump but it never caused me any pain or discomfort. Doctors and Gynaes all told me to leave it alone. Six week ago I got unbearable pain in my abdomin while brushing my teeth...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sunnycms 3

Is This a Umbilical Hernia?

Have had a smallish lump just above my belly button for sometime. Not sure when I noticed it, but it was several months ago. It does not hurt, is very soft, and disappears when I lie down. If I bend back, arch my back,  while working out it kind of pops out. I don't have any other symptoms. No pain....

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • maria21506 1

Pain after hiatus hernia surgery ?

I had fundoplication to repair my hiatus hernia 2 weeks ago. I've got over the surgery and no problem with swallowing but I think I've still got acid reflux. I've got chest pains, heartburn and an acid taste in my mouth. I know people will say that it can take time for the swelling to go down and the...

14 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • jim31807 2

Pain after hernia surgery

M/55. Double iguinal surgery in July 2016. Pain off and on since then. Initially was similar to pre-surgery pain in left scrotum. Very difficult to manage. More recently also developed pain in right ischeal region -- diagnosed as bursitis. Can't sit for more than a short time. Taken tramedol, voltarin...

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • georgette22555 1

Pain

hi what a relief to find these discussions.i had incisional hernia repair in 2008 then a few years later I started having random electric like stabbing pain from my right groin area , at first I thought it was from the gym as I was frequent visitor, now it's getting worse it happens all the time but...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Cyantelle 1

Hernia Mesh repair round four?

My first hernia was in 2008.  It was repared with mesh.  My second one was in 2012 and 6 months later the third. Both treated with mesh. Here I am again with two more hernias and a mesh that is torn and stuck to my intestines.  The doctors are worried about fistulas?  I am not sure I want to risk it. ...

• trisha92124 1

Weight problem

I need help as I have had a op for hernia umblical op in 2016 but cannot seem to shift weight gained at the start of the hernia on tigh and stomuch 

• teresa2545 4

Not sure if i have an epigastric hernia?

Had a umbilical hernia last Sept but for quite a long time i have had a swelling at the top of my stomach in the middle under my breastbone.I had a ct scan in this area relating to another issue as there were concerns about my pancreas.Tjis was all ok.The swelling slowly seems to be getting bigger and...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • yuroklatoniah 2
  • isabel354912 2

Hiatus Hernia, Need help urgently it's ruining my life :(

Hi everyone, New to this and urgently need some help/advice on my situation. I am 19 and was diagnosed with depression and anxiety about 8 months ago which I have recently started coping with. But recently things have taken a turn for the worst in the stomach area. After two months of the doctors telling...

23 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • paul15516 2

Herbal Help for Hiatus Hernia

I was diagnosed with a large Hiatus Hernia 3 years ago. Having suffered another bout of pain and discomfort for the last 4 months, the Lanzeprazol didn't help, the doctor offered me a Gastroscopy (camera) to check inside but I wasn't keen having had one before. I couldn't eat many things, sticking to...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mae69268 1

Hernia moved from orginal place and produced pain under armpit??

Hi Patient: I was told by my doctor that the pain under my arm was casused by a HH that moved from it's orginal place and has send a nerve signal under my armpit which causes the pain or a basebal lump feeling. Has anybody been told about a t traveling hernia?? Interested to know if it goes away after...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • sanibelsusan 1
  • mylighthouse 2
  • rabiya27671 3

Hiatal hernia and gerd

so after being diagnosed with hiatal hernia and taking ppi 20 mg for 2 months i finally stopped it .i had gerd and stopped ppi after 8 weeks of treatment..today is 5th day i stopped it and i have terrible pain in esophagus..is my gerd back?why i guess esophagus pain even when i walk?

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Salal 2

Mesh Surgery Or Not?

A year ago last April the doctor performing a colonoscopy aborted the procedure five minutes in. He said the inguinal hernia had constricted the colon preventing him moving his scope beyond that area...and added that until I had a hernia operation he could not perform the colonoscopy. My question...should...

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Flappy 1

Hernia

Hi all. I just wondered if anyone was having the same symptoms as me. I was diagnosed with a hernia about 4 weeks ago, confirmed on an USS. I have an appointment with the surgeons next week due to being symptomatic. I have a constant period type pain, i always look 6 months pregnant (which i'm not),...

• sian85963 2

Umbilical hernia surgery problem

Hi I was wondering if anyone would be able to share their experience with me. My mum was taken into hospital on Friday night in a lot of pain and vomiting, it turns out a very old hernia had become strangulated and a piece of intestine needed to be removed. They did this as an emergency operation...

13 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • melanie21160 2

Is this a hernia?

I normally have a shallow navel, but after eating a large meal or being very full my belly button will stick out quite a bit. It isn't painful and after I am less full will resume it's normal shape. Is this a hernia? Or can it be normal for eating to cause your belly button to stick out? I had an "outie"...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.