Skip to content

Hernia

All discussions in this group

Next
  • guyofchelt 2

Hiatus Hernia - Breathing Problems.

A few years ago after an Endoscopy I was diagnosed with a small sliding Hiatus Hernia which I have treated with Omeprezole. Recently I have been encountering some breathing difficulties combined with a staggering amount of reflux and despite doubling to 40mg of Omeprezole the reflux and breathing

121 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • Salal 1

Mesh Surgery Or Not?

A year ago last April the doctor performing a colonoscopy aborted the procedure five minutes in. He said the inguinal hernia had constricted the colon preventing him moving his scope beyond that added that until I had a hernia operation he could not perform the colonoscopy. My

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • david59709 2

hernia

can a belly button hernia (i don't know if it's affecting other parts or the exact internal size) affect digestion, indigestion and bloating

• chad28396 2

Hernia with Mesh Repair

Hello, I had a double hernia repaired last March. I had inguinal and umbilical. The inguinal hernia was repaired with mesh. Last week I started to experience pain and nausea again as I did last year so my doctor referred me to have a CT scan again. According to the results, it looks like the

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sian85963 2

Umbilical hernia surgery problem

Hi I was wondering if anyone would be able to share their experience with me. My mum was taken into hospital on Friday night in a lot of pain and vomiting, it turns out a very old hernia had become strangulated and a piece of intestine needed to be removed. They did this as an emergency

• sarah36570 2

Hiatus hernia acid reflux and Barretts

Hi my first post. I am starting my pre op liver shrinking diet today and my Op date is the 3rd of June. I have a few concerns regarding after the Op. How I will feel, wind etc etc. How long do these symptoms last? I have every faith in my surgeon and I know I cannot go on with the daily symptoms I

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Simijonov 2

Chronic groin pain after hernia mesh repair

Hello guys! I am in constant chronic groin pain after hernia mesh repair(classical with scar) eight years .My first surgery was June 2012 ,the surgeon was used the mesh ultrapro hernia system and that was my fatality mistake.I am unable to work i don't have girlfriend,friends and i was student and

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kelley58326 3

Exercise after Hernia Repair

I'm 4 weeks post op for a ventral henia and I was just given the ok to get back to  my exercising.  I like to do half sit ups and planks.  My doctor told me to start slow and then work up to my old pace, however, I need to stablize while doing them.  Does anyone out there have any good ideas on

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • dawn34518 1

umbicial hernia

has anyone had this surgery my doctor said i'm better off doing it while it is small please some im put and has anyone had it with the mesh with problems?

17 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Simijonov 2

Chronic groin pain after hernia mesh repair

Hello guys! I am in constant chronic groin pain after hernia mesh repair(classical with scar) eight years .My first surgery was June 2012 ,the surgeon was used the mesh ultrapro hernia system and that was my fatality mistake.I am unable to work i don't have girlfriend,friends and i was student and

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • adele 89294 3
  • Glendo 2
  • Kristo 3

Hiatus Hernia and breathing issues

Hi all.I have a 3 cm sliding haitus hernia and rather alot of symptoms lately all with witch i can kind of deal with exept one,and its breathing issues or to put it better i have the stamina of a old man and i am only i walk stairs or pick something up i have to stop and catch my breath.I

117 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • eddie10 2

SLIDING HIATUS HERNIA SYMPTOMS AND QUESTIONS

Hi I'm new to this site, just recently been diagnosed with a 4cm sliding hiatus hernia after suffering for 2 years with horrendous chest, neck, shoulder and back pain! been to A&E a least 5 times this year thinking I was having heart problems! had an endoscopy 4 weeks ago and was diagnosed! so now what?...

263 replies 16 votes Last reply
  • wacky 2
  • shaz20 1

Hiatus Hernia advice needed

Hi everyone, I've recently been diagnosed with with Hiatus Hernia, through an endoscopy. Mine is a 4cm sliding one. Over the past 3 months the quality of my life has drastically dropped, I am being sick almost every day (whether I eat or not), getting a burning sensation, burping non stop and

58 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • crazymama 2

Hiatus Hernia and Palpitations

I have been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia but have had lots of problems with palpitations recently, i also sometimes get a cold shivery feeling some nights as if i am going down with flu, i have suffered from really bad acidity over the last 10 years, i have had three endoscopy's and it was on the

107 replies 6 votes Last reply
  • sydnejo 2

Hernia and heart palpitations

I have had heart palpitations on and off for a few years now recently it got worse so I had to get taken to the hospital and be cardio converted they diagnosed me with afib and a small sliding hiatal hernia. I don't know how small is small with a hernia I see people saying they have a 4cm

18 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • dhode 2

Inguinal Hernia Recovery Log

So people who might be concerned about surgery and all. I think I will share my story so far. So back in March I started to have urinary incontinence, I had to go all the time or I was leaking in my pants badly. I went to the urologist a week later and they diagnosed an inguinal hernia and

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • gail40055 2

Are my breathing problems and Hiatus Hernia related?

I was diagnosed with an Hiatus Hernia eight years ago and take 40mg of Omeprazole twice a day. Last February I started having problems as in gulping when talking and feeling as if I was going to run out of breath whilst talking. This progressed to the feeling (and it's every breath) of not being

46 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • abrogard 2

Any News On Desarda Inguinal Hernia Repair?

I was diagnosed with double inguinal hernia a couple of years ago and have been on 'watchful waiting' ever since. I studied quite a bit in the early months and got horrified and worried by all the stories of pain and complications after mesh and laparoscopic surgery. I found Dr Desarda's

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • smith84220 2

Sliding Hetus Hernia

Whats a side effect of sliding hernia after marriage . im going to marry a girl she has sliding hetus hernia since 4 years . in future this is harmfull or any other causes cancer like can you tell me  How can i finish this sliding hernia from root. ? 

23 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • stephen23003 1

Confused

I had inguinal hernia surgery in 2013 due to a strangulated hernia on my right sight where at the time I was told there was a very small one on my left but nothing to worry about. About 2 months ago I started getting excruciating pain from the sight of my hernia a repair and pain from the left side

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • naomi2508 2

sliding hiatus hernia repair

I'm having surgery on 27th April 2017 for a sliding hiatus hernia repair.. any advice ..? How long will I be in hospital..? I have Barrettes oesophagus as well..

18 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • emilyp2000 1

Is this a hernia?

Hi, for the past month I've been experiencing pain in my belly button. At the very beginning I assumed it was just an infection as it had a bit of a smell from it and was red looking but then the pain started to get worse. The pain isn't awful but it is definitely noticeable and can get worse at

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jonboy80 2

Large complex incisional hernia

Hi all hope your all ok, Im new to this and have just found the courage to share my story and would really like your help. In 2014 i had a umbilical and ventral hernia repair unfortunatley this wasnt a sucsess and ive been left in a worse state than i was. I developed a dehiscence of my wound which

48 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • mylighthouse 2
  • isabel354912 2

Will a chiropractor be able to reduce my hiatus hernia???

After visiting my doctors on multiple occasions with no help I have decided to try and find help from different places. I have tried changing my diet and exercising and have been on various medications to no avail. Does anyone know whether a chiropractor will be able to help reduce my hernia or

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • crabbitrabbit 1

Hiatus Hernia or something more serious?

I suspect I have a hiatus hernia, but I'm also worried it could be something serious and I won't find out until I have an endoscopy, which could be months away. I really need someone to reassure me that I am experiencing a hiatus hernia, and not something more urgent or severe, and possibly give me

57 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • linda53132 1

Manometry and 24 hour pH monitoring

Hello I'm after some advice please. I have been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia, lax oesophageal sphincter (Upper stomach sphincter) and gastritis. my question is really How did everyone find the monitoring and how bad was it? Myconsultant said that based on the findings he will operate. I'

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sallyann1964 2

sliding hiatus hernia repair 24 March 2014

Hi, just wanted to say that I had my sliding hiatus hernia repair carried out Monday of last week and am more than happy (so far) with the results! I had the hernia for about 10 years taking the usual medication (espomeprazol and ranitidine) in varying doses depending on the severity of the

26 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • kerry02122 3

Hiatus Hernia Worries and Concerns

Hi i was diagnosed with a hiatus hernia about 2 months ago. I had such severe chest pains i genuinely thought i was having a heart attack, after chest xrays and multiple other tests they said it was this hiatus hernia. I was put on to omeprazole but the chest pain didn't ease. I find night times

27 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • UKSteph 2

Hiatus Hernia Surgery

I'm due to go in for surgery on Wednesday and a bit terrified as I always feel like I am choking when I eat food and the only way I can cope is by getting being able to do this after surgery has me freaked out bit time. Just hoping that the positives of having this done will take away

169 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • esic 4

Doing pull ups and hold ups with a small hiatal hernia?

I've been doing a lot of pull ups recently and all sorts of thing on the bar which allows you to pull your body, hold it etc. I'm doing around 70 pull ups in total in 30-45 minutes and yes I can't go without it, I'm addicted. Today I experienced some heavy pain around my hiatal hernia (could have

• Phentis 2

Research in alternative methods to mesh?

Is anyone aware if there is any promising research going on that could result in a new recommended way for mesh repairs in the next 5-10 years, alternative to using mesh and steel sutures? The current method of mesh repair sounds like past century to me.

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions