Skip to content
Ad

Hernia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • My hernia

Hi all I found out in July that I’ve got an umbilical hernia,which explains the pains I’ve been getting in my stomach since end of March,beginning of April,I’ve got an appointment to have surgery on 13th October,I’m relieved to be getting the surgery,but at the same time I’m so scared about it,can anyone...

Last reply
  • Umbilical hernia issues

When I had a umbilical hernia repair using mesh and laparoscopic insertion it went horrendously wrong and my omentum attacked the mesh and I had to have major surgery to remove it and the entire omentum as well. The symptoms were extreme stomach pains, swelling and periodic vomiting. Now after five years...

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia Surgery

I'm due to go in for surgery on Wednesday and a bit terrified as I always feel like I am choking when I eat food and the only way I can cope is by getting sick....not being able to do this after surgery has me freaked out bit time. Just hoping that the positives of having this done will take away...

Last reply
  • Open incisional hernia

Hi everyone I'm waiting to go in for open surgery to repair a midline abdominal incisional hernia. I have had it for 4 years and it is causing lots of problems I'm told it's a complicated one as it starts just under my ribs and I have multiple defects in the abdominal wall. I have lost a...

Last reply
  • Sneezed once and felt pop and tear in lower tummy.

Hi guys, new thread for me - not new to Patient.  I hope I have posted in the right place.  Couple of days ago I sneezed and felt a pop and tear in right lower tum.  Since then, if I cough or jerk my stomach I can feel it tight.  I use small hand weights a few times a week and...

Posted
  • Hiatus Hernia and breathing issues

Hi all.I have a 3 cm sliding haitus hernia and rather alot of symptoms lately all with witch i can kind of deal with exept one,and its breathing issues or to put it better i have the stamina of a old man and i am only 33.when i walk stairs or pick something up i have to stop and catch my breath.I would...

Last reply
  • Hernia Surgery(mesh)

How long does it take for a hernia surgery(mesh) to heal, so when you walk around your not thinking you f****d your whole gawd damn life up, anyone please, becasue everything in my life see,s to work in a f**k you fashion..so... anyone can help,please? thank you  

Last reply
  • Sheer Panic

So I have a 5cm sliding hiatus hernia.  My life has been a living hell for 2 years suffering with the nightly bloating and pain.  I normally sleep raised but last night must had slid down the bed and was sleeping more flat.  During the night I must have swallowed in my sleep and due to...

Last reply
  • Eating after a hernia repair and fundoplication

Hi I had laproscopic surgery to repair a massive paraoesophageal  hernia just over 4 weeks ago. All went well and things seem to be going fine. However I was told by my surgeon to try some chicken about 3 weeks after the surgery and I also tried some mince meat yesterday. Both times this seems to...

Last reply
  • Femoral Hernia (near my inguinal canal) Female 51 years very fit.

I am a fit lady of 51, use chainsaws and telescopic hedgetrimmers, move branches/logs etc. I am quite tall 5.10 and muscular but not obviously. I do attend the gym but for much light hearted activities like body step, I do too much lifting to want to do any extra. I have always been naturally strong....

Last reply
  • Sliding Hietas Hernia Diagnosis

I have recently had an endoscopy which showed I had a 3cm sliding Hiatus Hernia. I am in so much pain and discomfort with everything I eat. Is this right?? I have been told by doctors that it is just that but some days I feel so poorly. Feeling sick, chest aches, I feel weak, bloating to the degree whereby...

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia - Breathing Problems.

A few years ago after an Endoscopy I was diagnosed with a small sliding Hiatus Hernia which I have treated with Omeprezole. Recently I have been encountering some breathing difficulties combined with a staggering amount of reflux and despite doubling to 40mg of Omeprezole the reflux and breathing problems...

Last reply
  • Ventral Hernia?????

I have a lump or bulge, painless, above my belly button that disappears when I lie down. I have some gas and constipation too.  I would love to hear from anyone else who has a bulge above their belly button and has been diagnosed with a hernia. What were your symptoms and what test did they do to...

Last reply
  • nausea on waking

I have nausea on waking and it gradually reduces as the day goes on, I had an endoscopy which showed a hiatus hernia 1cm but i have reflux all day long.

Posted
  • im beginning to dread food

just been diagnosed with hiatus hernia but have suffered with reflux n indigestion for ages. Now beginning to dread food as borhing seems t agree with me and meals out is a nightmare. anybody around suffering with me?

Last reply
  • Pain 3 Months Since Abdominal Open Hernia Surgery

Hello, I had open abdominal hernia surgery on June 6. It was for a large incisional hernia that formed a year or so after my colon resection. I am still having pain. I do have a seroma in my abdomen that requires draining every week.  Sometimes the fluid is between 1 to 2 liters each time. I know...

Last reply
  • Had hiatal Hernia surgery last week! Great

I had surgery a week ago (Aug 29th).  No pain.  No problems.  Was told I had 1/3 stomach out (above diaphragm).  Was in hospital 1-1/2 days.  Have not taken one pain pill.  I had the lapiscopy work with lynx in Colorado-US.  Only complaint--- had some swallowing issues...

Last reply
  • Hiatal hernia

Help I am so miserable I have IBS and a hiatal hernia! Lately I have been so miserable with stomach bloating , acid reflux and now a full feeling and back pain!! I'm trying to get in to see the GI doctor but it's taking forever with referrals ect.. I just want to feel better 😔 I am currently...

Last reply
  • Trouble sleeping after inguinal hernia surgery

I had my inguinal hernia fixed over a week ago, and generally everything is fine.  No pain during the day & I've started taking proper walks.  The wound is healing well, although when I changed the dressing I was a bit surprised to find an 8" cut line as I'd expected keyhole...

Last reply
  • Pain after about 2 and half weeks of surgery

Good morning, I had a hernia surgery on the 18th of august ,which was last month, the pain had reduced and i was feeling better, but 3days ago i went with my family to move stuffs from one part a building to another, i carried 1 or 2 heavy bags but not more than that, i did a lot of bending and standing...

Last reply
  • Hernia returned

I had a double Spigelian hernia repair on 06/06/17  at a private hospital  I'm convinced it's returned  The nurse at the hospital says it's most unlikely and has brought my October post op appointment forward to next week  What are my legal rights if it has returned 

Last reply
  • Newborn inguinal hernia

It is reducible but comes right back out. Question 1- Is that considered incarcerated? Question 2- Should I be checking it and reducing it all the time? Like is it bad to leave it? He cries and it bulges out and when he relaxes it stays out until I manually reduce it. He has been a colicky baby since...

Posted
  • SLIDING HIATUS HERNIA SYMPTOMS AND QUESTIONS

Hi I'm new to this site, just recently been diagnosed with a 4cm sliding hiatus hernia after suffering for 2 years with horrendous chest, neck, shoulder and back pain! been to A&E a least 5 times this year thinking I was having heart problems! had an endoscopy 4 weeks ago and was diagnosed! so...

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia with back and arm pain

Help Has anyone out there with a Hiatus Hernia experienced what feels like heartburn in your back and left arm. I have been diagnosedwith a Hiatus Hernia and take 30mg of Lansoprazoleonce a day and 10 of Motilium 3 times a day. But it doesn't seem to help the pain I have. I have had pain every...

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia- advice needed.

Hi there, My name is Bethany I'm 19 years old and hoping someone can give some advice or relate in any way to something that has been causing me a lot of pain for the past four years. For four years now a few times a month I have severe abdominal pain- above my belly button, I feel sick but have...

Last reply
  • Living with extremely large hernia

Hi,I had a c section 4 yrs ago which has left me with an extremely large ventral hernia,I also suffer with asthma and severe anxiety. I've left it for this amount of time as it's up to now only given me back ache and was worried about my daughters care while I was getting better,now I've...

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia and extreme symptoms - i need help

I have recently been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia but I am really struggling to cope with the symptoms. im on 80mg of omeprazole a day but this doesn't seem to be working. I rarely hold down a meal. im usually sick either whilst im still eating or around 10 minutes after I have finished. Some days...

Posted
  • Recuring Hiatus Hernia

Hi, I'm new to this site and I'm looking for some advice. Approx 20 years ago I had an operation to correct a hiatus Hernia, the operation went well and for years afterwards I was free from any sort of sickness, indigestion or heart burn. Approx 2 years ago I had a hip replacement operation and...

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia? My symptoms

Hello, I am a 41 year old female. In April this year I started to have severe nausea, pain in right shoulder blade, burning pain in centre of shoulder blades. This has been going on and off where some weeks I am taking Ibuprofen every day then some weeks I feel fine. Recently this has progressed to...

Last reply
  • Inguinal hernia - advice needed - what to do

Hello I’m quite new on the forum here, and would really appreciate some advice.   I learned recently that I have a small inguinal hernia (about 2.5 cm).    I’ve done a little reading here and elsewhere about hernia surgery, and must admit, that while I’d like to get this fixed, ...

Last reply
  • nissen fundoplication post op

4 weeks today that i had the surgery for hiatus hernia which the surgeon said was larger than he presumed..I too had the stomach wrapped around the esophagus due to 60 % stomach acid in stomach.  The pains would mimic a heart attack for years and became more frequent.  I could not live with...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.