Skip to content
Ad

Hernia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• advise needed

Hi folks, I have been recently been seen to by a gastro surgeon to correct a hiatal hernia i have been suffering with for 3 years,  I am 30 years old and I am of average weight.  I was a little disappointed after my consultation as I feel he is going to try everything to avoid the surgery,...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Hiatus Hernia Surgery

I'm due to go in for surgery on Wednesday and a bit terrified as I always feel like I am choking when I eat food and the only way I can cope is by getting sick....not being able to do this after surgery has me freaked out bit time. Just hoping that the positives of having this done will take away...

Last reply
  • sliding hiatus hernia repair 24 March 2014

Hi, just wanted to say that I had my sliding hiatus hernia repair carried out Monday of last week and am more than happy (so far) with the results! I had the hernia for about 10 years taking the usual medication (espomeprazol and ranitidine) in varying doses depending on the severity of the discomfort....

Last reply
  • Femoral Hernia Surgery - Recovery Question

I have Femoral Hernia surgery tomorrow and it's hard to tell from message groups online how long the recovery will be.  My doctor was also very vague. Background, I am a runner and lift weight.  Job is in computers so sitting a lot.  I know the restriction on heavy lifting will be...

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia

I was diagnosed with a hiatus hernia a couple of years ago.  Could a pain behind right shoulder blade be due to the hiatus hernia?

Last reply
  • Hernia pain

Hi everyone...I have had 4 incisional hernia surgeries due to 2 c-sections where staples were used. The 1st 3 were in the original incision, the last one is horizontal to it. The last 1 was 6 years ago and causes me a great deal of pain. It is tender to the touch, burning sensation and I get a sharp...

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia - Breathing Problems.

A few years ago after an Endoscopy I was diagnosed with a small sliding Hiatus Hernia which I have treated with Omeprezole. Recently I have been encountering some breathing difficulties combined with a staggering amount of reflux and despite doubling to 40mg of Omeprezole the reflux and breathing problems...

Last reply
  • Hernia surgery ok, now pain has returned

Hi. I had laparoscopic surgery for an inguinal hernia on May 5, 2017. My recovery was good. 2 weeks out I felt just little pains. By week 5 I was completely out of pain. My surgeon instructed me to not do anything for 6 weeks following surgery. I followed that instruction and was feeling fine. So in...

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia and Palpitations

I have been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia but have had lots of problems with palpitations recently, i also sometimes get a cold shivery feeling some nights as if i am going down with flu, i have suffered from really bad acidity over the last 10 years, i have had three endoscopy's and it was on the...

Last reply
  • New to a Hiatal Hernia and I think I am going crazy

Brief History I had started getting symtopms about 4 years ago which all started with coffee which would give me a very full and bloated feeling when I drank it (I dont drink it anymore) from that I would also get a feeling of a lump in my throat. I started having stiffness in my neck. That's how...

Last reply
  • advise needed

Hi folks, I have been recently been seen to by a gastro surgeon to correct a hiatal hernia i have been suffering with for 3 years,  I am 30 years old and I am of average weight.  I was a little disappointed after my consultation as I feel he is going to try everything to avoid the surgery,...

Posted
  • sliding hiatus hernia repair

I'm having surgery on 27th April 2017 for a sliding hiatus hernia repair.. any advice ..? How long will I be in hospital..? I have Barrettes oesophagus as well..

Last reply
  • Nausea

I always suffer nausea when I get hernia pain but I don't think medics accept I know my body.  Had recurrent insisional hernia repair September 2016 since January had chronic pain , nausea and headaches medics don't believe it's hernia anyone else experience constant nausea.

Last reply
  • Agonizing pain post incisional hernia repair..mesh??

My second incisional hernia repair was carried out in September 2016...I was told the size of the mesh used was 20cm x 20cm.  Here we are 11 months later and I am still experiencing excrutiating pain.  I have revisited the surgeon who told me the operation was succesful and explained that some...

Last reply
  • Abdominal Hernia open repair pain.

Hello,  i had had an abdominal open hernia repair carried out on 21.6.17- I was doing ok, until last Sunday when all of a sudden the area where the mesh has been put in gets extremely sore, especially when I walk any distance.  I have been to see my Dr who advised me it's because I'm...

Last reply
  • No anesthesia?

My friend had cancer and a lot of surgeries. She is 72. The problem is that she has a huge hernia. She is telling me that the doctors are saying that she can't have surgery because she can't be put under anymore due to so many surgeries. I don't understand! She ry obviously needs surgery....

Last reply
  • Hernia pain and twinges

Ive just been recently diagnosed with 4 hernias 2 of which are inguinal(groin). I had both an ultrasound and a catscan . I presented at the ER one evening with low pelvic pain and since then was ordered the 2 tests. The pain wasnt severe ..more like dull and nagging but what concerned me was that I had...

Last reply
  • Femoral hernia

After having inguinal hernia repair with mesh and chronic pain from it I had the mesh removed and triple neurectomy. I have now been diagnosed with a femoral hernia after I noticed a new buldge. I was examined and the femoral hernia was found using ultrasound. That is all I need after bowel resection...

Last reply
  • Living with Hiatus hernia and vagus nerve problems for 30 years

In 1985 I gave myself a hiatus hernia this was caused while lifting weights but was not actually diagnosed until 1994. In 1985 when I injured myself I was in the Royal Air Force up until this point I considered myself to be quite fit, the first symptom I started experiencing was palpitations especially...

Last reply
  • Trouble sleeping after inguinal hernia surgery

I had my inguinal hernia fixed over a week ago, and generally everything is fine.  No pain during the day & I've started taking proper walks.  The wound is healing well, although when I changed the dressing I was a bit surprised to find an 8" cut line as I'd expected keyhole...

Last reply
  • SLIDING HIATUS HERNIA SYMPTOMS AND QUESTIONS

Hi I'm new to this site, just recently been diagnosed with a 4cm sliding hiatus hernia after suffering for 2 years with horrendous chest, neck, shoulder and back pain! been to A&E a least 5 times this year thinking I was having heart problems! had an endoscopy 4 weeks ago and was diagnosed! so...

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia and breathing issues

Hi all.I have a 3 cm sliding haitus hernia and rather alot of symptoms lately all with witch i can kind of deal with exept one,and its breathing issues or to put it better i have the stamina of a old man and i am only 33.when i walk stairs or pick something up i have to stop and catch my breath.I would...

Last reply
  • Right inguinal hernia, open mesh surgery

After reading many blogs on hernia recovery, not many were exactly what I was hoping to see, many saying how easy it was to recover from and painless. Here are my views, will be updated regularly. I'm a very active and fit 23 year old. I do not do any gym exercises and my work isn't very strenuous...

Last reply
  • Negative media reports about Mesh in abdominal surgery

I am going soon for a pre assessment for my operation whihc ostensibly is a hernia of my bowel although i had no infromation on that yet.  I like to keep abreast of things involving my health and health issues in general and some news about mesh used in surgey has worried me.  If I am given...

Last reply
  • Living with extremely large hernia

Hi,I had a c section 4 yrs ago which has left me with an extremely large ventral hernia,I also suffer with asthma and severe anxiety. I've left it for this amount of time as it's up to now only given me back ache and was worried about my daughters care while I was getting better,now I've...

Last reply
  • Inguinal hernia surgery, swelling or recurrence?

I am a 24 year old male who just had inguinal hernia surgery 5 days ago. I'm not sure the specific type of surgery, but the surgeon said that I'd be able to resume heavy lifting in just a week. About 8 hours after I got home I noticed a lump in my scrotum. Visually it appears exactly the same...

Last reply
  • I'm 99% sure I have several hernia

Hi I'm jarrad from Australia Iv joined this forum as can't find any here. I'm sure I have maybe several hernias. Iv been to doctor several times and I'm getting frustrated at the cost, time off work and no answer from my not very talkative doctor. It started maybe a year ago with gas...

Last reply
  • Having a second Nissen Fundoplication

after diagnosis of a Hiatus Hernia around 15 years ago in 2004 underwent a Nissen Fundoplication which for a long time was very successful.  In last 2/3. Years been experiencing symptoms which worryingly thought might be heart related as do have poor cardiac history, but having tested positive for...

Last reply
  • 1 Year+ Post Surg and Still Pain

HI, New here. 15 Months ago had bilateral inguinal hernia repair with the soft polyester mesh. Went pretty well. right side hurt way more than the left post surg for a few weeks but then back to normal. About two months ago I started getting right side pain again but only in the morning. Very dull...

Last reply
  • Inguinal Hernia

I have surgery tomorrow morning to repair an Inguinal Hernia on my right side. This has been causing severe sharp pain, so I have no choice but to just get it done. This last week the left side has actually been hurting too. Not the same kind of pain, but kind of a dull pain that comes and goes. I asked...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.