Skip to content

Hernia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• franbrew franbrew

PPIs making me feel worse

Dear Martha Diagnosed with a hiatus hernia in jan this year and gastritis.which I have recovered from. But I’m still suffering from GERD  due to the hernia .At first omeprazole worked with ranatidine ,Then all the symptoms came back. Then I was given Nexium with ranatidine and gaviscon.But …

• Epigastric hernia

I am due to have an operation to repair an epigastric hernia on Oct 1st.I keep thinking that i know what my recovery will be like as i had an umbilical hernia repaired 2 years ago but now i am not so sure.Because of where the epigastric hernia is i am thinking that i will not be able to sit down …

• rob90678 rob90678

Pimple on hernia scar

I had a open hernia surgery over 4 months ago. The scar has been closed ever since. Today I noticed a clear pimple that was a decent size. Idk if it is puss filled or not because I don’t want to pop it. It is directly on the hernia surgical scar line. Anyone every have this? 

All discussions in this group

Next
  • PPIs making me feel worse

Dear Martha Diagnosed with a hiatus hernia in jan this year and gastritis.which I have recovered from. But I’m still suffering from GERD  due to the hernia .At first omeprazole worked with ranatidine ,Then all the symptoms came back. Then I was given Nexium with ranatidine and gaviscon.But …

Posted
  • Pain 3years after lateral lingual hernia repair

Suddenly 3yeasr after the repair of my lingual hernia I am experiencing very sharp stabbing pains in my groan and repair area. Feels tight and almost like a cramp spasm there when it hurts.  Could I have ripped the area again! I can’t see or feel any bulge. When I lie down the pain goes away. …

Last reply
  • Hard swollen testicle after open inguinal hernia repair with mesh

Ok so a month ago i had the surgery done laparoscopicly and it had failed so on 08/14/2018 i had an open inguinal hernia repair with mesh on my right side and my right testical is very hard and a bit swollen and is angled slightly upward. Just wondering if i should be concerned, also theres no real …

Last reply
  • Epigastric hernia

I am due to have an operation to repair an epigastric hernia on Oct 1st.I keep thinking that i know what my recovery will be like as i had an umbilical hernia repaired 2 years ago but now i am not so sure.Because of where the epigastric hernia is i am thinking that i will not be able to sit down …

Posted
  • Living with Hiatus hernia and vagus nerve problems for 30 years

In 1985 I gave myself a hiatus hernia this was caused while lifting weights but was not actually diagnosed until 1994. In 1985 when I injured myself I was in the Royal Air Force up until this point I considered myself to be quite fit, the first symptom I started experiencing was palpitations …

Last reply
  • Out of Options - Just want a Listening Ear

Hello. I'm just extremely tired of my chronic illness with seemingly no escape from the horrible reality that is my life at this point. Heck, it just feels like waiting for death at this point. But before I get too much into detail, I have to say that this will be rather long and I really just …

Last reply
  • Pain Management for Hiatal Hernia?

Hi All, im new to the group and am in the US. I have noticed that many of you are Australian. I’ve been trying to find online support for my sliding hiatal hernia condition. I have a completely nonexistent LES (caused by heavy lifting at my job) and am thoroughly and overwhelmingly tortured by …

Last reply
  • Hiatus hernia and sinus problems

I have been struggling for 2 months now with sinus pressure round my eyes ans cheeks and wondered if the acid from my hiatus hernia is causing this my doctor just says I have a sinusis inflammation but every they give to me doesn't help. Has anyone else had this problem?

Last reply
  • Hiatal Hernia,what to do?

Hi all, I am a male, aged 25 living in Singapore. During July 2018, I felt bloated and went to see my GP.I was also referred to the hospital for a scoping scan and was diagnosed with Hiatal Hernia since 3 August 2018. The doctor told me to stop the medication but then after 9 days I started to …

Last reply
  • Pimple on hernia scar

I had a open hernia surgery over 4 months ago. The scar has been closed ever since. Today I noticed a clear pimple that was a decent size. Idk if it is puss filled or not because I don’t want to pop it. It is directly on the hernia surgical scar line. Anyone every have this? 

Posted
  • Epigastric hernia

I have been diagnosed with a small epigastric hernia which can give me some discomfort.I have been offered the chance to have it repaired in Oct but ideally my consultant would like me to lose weight and get it done in about 12-18 months.I have been overweight for a long time and i feel that i want …

Posted
  • Hiatus Hernia Surgery

I'm due to go in for surgery on Wednesday and a bit terrified as I always feel like I am choking when I eat food and the only way I can cope is by getting sick....not being able to do this after surgery has me freaked out bit time. Just hoping that the positives of having this done will take …

Last reply
  • Inguinal Hernia surgery anxiety..HELP!

Hello, new to these boards and just seeking peace of mind and a calm heart. I’m 23, diagnosed with a left inguinal hernia and am getting surgery in 5 days. I’ve never had surgery, and this is where the fear comes in..I did The one thing you probably shouldn’t do and went ahead googling stuff about …

Last reply
  • Hiatal hernia / chest pain / exercise / burping / dizziness

Hey folks Does anybody else get this? Basically I went on the running machine today, done a brisk walk for 40 minutes. After I stopped chest pain, dizziness, problems getting a breath. I have a 6cm hiatal hernia. So this went on for awhile, I took a big drink of gaviscon and burped a lot and it …

Last reply
  • Hernia? Not hernier ? Need help :-(

Hi guys going to do my best to explain. So I suffer with acid I take omeprazole. I can’t lay down on my back because I struggle to breath. After eating I can’t lay down for a long period of time I can still taste the food when I burp.  Very difficult breathing sharp stabbing pains on chest …

Last reply
  • Very Large Incisional Hernia

Hi All, I had emergency abdominal surgery (Hartmanns Procedure) In September last year. A couple of months after the surgery I developed an incisional hernia which is now huge and causing problems with movement and mobility. Initially the surgeon said he would operate to repair the hernia but …

Posted
  • Sharp pain after golf swing

I am almost 4 months out after an iguinial hernia, non-lathrascopic surgery.  All was well until last week when I over swung playing golf and felt a sharp pain in the area of the surgery.  It only hurts occasionally.   Anyone else have similar problem.

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia shortness of breath and chest pain

Hi I have had small sliding hernia and take Omprezole 20mg a day. Had to go to A and E today as had chest heaviness and pain and short of breath. Heart and bloods all okay. Had pain before but not short of breath. Does anyone else get short of breath with hernia. Anything that can help ? I have a …

Last reply
  • Hernia or Lymph Nodes

Hello all So a week ago, on Thursday, I was playing basketball as I often do 4-5 times a week. That evening, I began to feel some discomfort in the right inguinal area of the groin. I did not think much of it because I am often sore after playing. The next day, I played basketball again only …

Last reply
  • Having a second Nissen Fundoplication

after diagnosis of a Hiatus Hernia around 15 years ago in 2004 underwent a Nissen Fundoplication which for a long time was very successful.  In last 2/3. Years been experiencing symptoms which worryingly thought might be heart related as do have poor cardiac history, but having tested positive …

Last reply
  • I had surgery 5 weeksago

I was diagnosed with an ingwinal hernia over a year ago 5 weeks ago when u had surgery they discovers I actually had a femoral hernia I am recovering but I am. Getting pain in the left side of my groin area and it was right side I had the repair done as any one else. Suffered a dull ache on on …

Last reply
  • HARD LUMP AFTER VENTRAL HERNIA LAPARSCOPTIC SURGERY

On May 15, 2018, I had ventral hernia with mesh surgery (laparscoptic). I now have a hard lump that is sore & tender. My doctor is wanting to do another surgery on July 27th stating she believes it is scar tissue. This has me extremely worried because she didn't sound sure …

Last reply
  • Worried about inguinal hernia.

Woke up Sunday with an occasional sharp pain in my groin area. Maybe only about 5 times through the day. Very sharp and painful during certain movements. Woke up Monday with a feeling in that area of a very slight burning sensation and a tender area to touch. Nothing raised or anything. Made an …

Last reply
  • shortness of breath

Hi I have been diagnosed with hiatal hernia.My biggest problem is shortness of breath, especially when i'm sitting or standing, its decreases when i'm lying down.Any advice and thought , maybe the hernia is the reason about shortness of breath? P.S sorry about my bad English.

Last reply
  • Constipation after inguinal hernia repair

Hi everyone. I will have open inguinal hernia repair with local anaesthetic in 10 days time. I'm fine about the op itself but concerned about being constipated afterwards, especially if I have to take opioid painkillers. Those of you who have had the op - what's your experience? How long …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.