Skip to content

Hernia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Anyone have experience of British Hernia Centre?

Dear All -- After reading the horror stories surrounding mesh hernia repairs and investigating the alternatives (though still lacking confidence that there is a technique that is obviously the best), I have booked a consultation to see Mr. Hakky at the British Hernia Centre for treatment of an Inguinal...

Last reply
  • Inguinal hernia recovery.

Hi I had my inguinal hernia open mesh repair done a eek ago and I still can't stand for more than a minute without unbearable pain and needing to sit back down again to rest it. Should I go back to the doctors now or leave it a little longer? Is this normal? Many thanks.

Last reply
  • incisional hernia after a spinal fusion

I had a lateral spinal fusion operation in Dec 2016 and a posterior spinal fusion in Jan 2017.  After a couple of days I was in extreme unbelievable pain in my right hip.  My crp went up to over 350.  To say that I was ill is an understatement.  A year on and I still can only walk...

Posted
  • Has anyone gotten their hernia mesh removed?

I'm finding it really hard to find actual people to discuss how they've recovered after having a mesh removed. I had an umbilical hernia. They inserted a 10x5 cm mesh in me, and it has ruined my life. I'm going to have it removed but it all sounds a bit dangerous. I want to find ANYONE...

Last reply
  • Large hernia

Hi we are in the U.K. would like to hear from anyone in the U.K. who has had an extremely large hernia operated on. Have been told they will operate but high risk. He’s over weight.

Last reply
  • 5cm hiatus hernia

Need advice whether this is large and needs surgery.I am getting a lot of throat problems with the acid reflux.

Last reply
  • New update on my hernia

Hi all,firstly thanks once again for all your help and advice,I really do appreciate it.I found out today that I’ll be going to the hospital,for my hernia surgery on Monday next week,I’m so happy to be finally be getting this operation,but at the same time,I’m so nervous about it.

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia and Palpitations

I have been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia but have had lots of problems with palpitations recently, i also sometimes get a cold shivery feeling some nights as if i am going down with flu, i have suffered from really bad acidity over the last 10 years, i have had three endoscopy's and it was on the...

Last reply
  • SLIDING HIATUS HERNIA SYMPTOMS AND QUESTIONS

Hi I'm new to this site, just recently been diagnosed with a 4cm sliding hiatus hernia after suffering for 2 years with horrendous chest, neck, shoulder and back pain! been to A&E a least 5 times this year thinking I was having heart problems! had an endoscopy 4 weeks ago and was diagnosed! so...

Last reply
  • Relieving the pain - inguinal hernia

I've had an inguinal hernia for two weeks and the pain can be quite intense sometimes. Has anyone found any of the trusses, supports, etc. do any good to prevent or relieve the pain? Thanks!

Last reply
  • Lump middle breast bone

I was told had HH last year taken landoprazole. But since been unwell for 2weeks it's flared up but it's the lump that worrying me constent nausea burping pain in back how do you get them to look again an repair it . Also iv had H pylon few years back doc says I'll all ways test positive...

Posted
  • Inguinal Hernia open mesh repair

3 weeks in and I got a little carried away because I was feeling better was dancing and jumping around and next day the area had a skinny hard spot above the incision and pain and burning is that normal ? I was told 4 weeks to return to normal activities 

Last reply
  • Hernia numbness

Hey! I had open inguinal hernia surgery this week. And the whole surgery area of my groin is totally numb. How long does this normally take to resolve? Or is it not going to resolve? 

Last reply
  • Inguinal hernia

Hernia Pain I suffer with diverticula, I had flair in January and since then I’ve have been in constant pain in my lower left side, sometimes it is mild and sometimes it is really bad and moves about from back to front. I have been to see my doctor regarding this pain. My Doctor says a diverticula pain...

Last reply
  • Suspected hiatal hernia

Hi all Ill try and keep it relatively brief, ultimately just hoping to put my mind at ease a little and also pick brains for advice. Im now 36 years old, at 15 i was diagnosed with ibs, and with a few bouts of severe stress over the years, any gp visit linked to stomach pain, lower back pain etc was...

Last reply
  • please help for symptoms and diagnosis of inguinalherniai

i have some hernia symptoms but no visible lump or bluge. i have constant stabing pain on my lower right abdomin above pubic bone. this pain increases with walking and bending. i can not sleep due to this pain. i also feels pain near my right testicle and sensitive skin on right upper thighs. any body...

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia - Breathing Problems.

A few years ago after an Endoscopy I was diagnosed with a small sliding Hiatus Hernia which I have treated with Omeprezole. Recently I have been encountering some breathing difficulties combined with a staggering amount of reflux and despite doubling to 40mg of Omeprezole the reflux and breathing problems...

Last reply
  • Right indirect inguinal hernia

Hi all So I have a small right indirect inguinal hernia. Fat is seen within the hernia sac. I'm having a problem with bowel. I have tension above the pubic area and I can't pass stool. When I try to I can feel pressure on my right side of the igunial area. Is it possible that the hernia is the...

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia shortness of breath and chest pain

Hi I have had small sliding hernia and take Omprezole 20mg a day. Had to go to A and E today as had chest heaviness and pain and short of breath. Heart and bloods all okay. Had pain before but not short of breath. Does anyone else get short of breath with hernia. Anything that can help ? I have a raised...

Last reply
  • Can’t stop crying..HH?

Does anyone get emotional after an episode with your hiatal hernia?   Yesterday I had belching, nausea headache (usual symptoms) but I was also crying and yawning alot. 

Last reply
  • Six things I wish I knew about post IH surgery

Let me first say that I am 73 years old and had prostate removal surgery 10 years ago.  I had my right ingunial hernia surgery four days ago.  Because of my prostate removal I was not eligible for a laparoscopic procedure.  While all the caregivers were great and I came home with a couple...

Last reply
  • Incorrect repair

I had a laparoscopic HH repair 2 weeks ago and today I had my post-op appointment. When the Dr felt around I wanted to ask how long it would take for the bulge to go away (above my belly button) and he told me it feels as though there's another one above where they "repaired". Either that,...

Last reply
  • Slow growth of hernia. Should I be concerned?

Hi, I was diagnosed with Myeloma in 2013 and two permanent side effects of my chemo were liver damage and an umbilical hernia. For 4 years, the hernia appeared unchanged as a "grape" sized protrusion of maybe 5-6 cm across.However,over the last 2-3 months, it appears slightly bigger (10-15%...

Last reply
  • Ventral and Umbilical Hernias - 3rd surgery upcoming

I had robotic surgery for a large umbilical hernia and ventral hernia in 2016. Both failed. Had surgery in September 2017 but, this surgeon didn't "believe" my umbilical was back. He was arrogant. Now my umbilical hernia is almost 12cm and gearing up for 3rd surgery. I get painful...

Last reply
  • Breathing problems and GERD

I recently started with a new doctor (seen her twice) and she said I have GERD, I have been through every lung test and many heart tests which all come back negative. This doctor is hearing what I am saying. We haven't done anything more than medications of Pred-20mg for 5 days, Mucinex and Omeprazole,...

Last reply
  • new to group

i have recently been diagnosed with my third hiatus hernia..have had 2 failed surgies and was if anyone else has had the same oroblem. i havd been told that i need more surgery. i am very symptomatic and would like some advice on how to handle the symptomz

Last reply
  • Living with extremely large hernia

Hi,I had a c section 4 yrs ago which has left me with an extremely large ventral hernia,I also suffer with asthma and severe anxiety. I've left it for this amount of time as it's up to now only given me back ache and was worried about my daughters care while I was getting better,now I've...

Last reply
  • Hiatus Hernia Repair - Yay or Nay?

Hi guys! Just looking a little advice regarding Hiatus Hernias, a weak sphincter valve and fundoplication surgery versus other methods of treatment.  First a little about myself. I am 22 years old, living in UK (Northern Ireland) and have just been diagnosed with a small hiatus hernia and an...

Last reply
  • Non mesh hernia repair

Has anyone had a non mesh inguinal hernia repair ?   I’m scheduled for the shouldice technique next month.   Any details on what to expect,  would be greatly appreciated    This is my first  operation ever and I’m very very nervous.      Thank you in advance 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.