Possible Inguinal Hernia?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

Ive been experiencing on and off pain in my testicles, in particular the left one for around 2 weeks now with occassional lower abdominal pain

After a week i visited doctors and he had a good 'feel' around. After a few tries lying down then he told me to cough asking if i could feel that, to which I couldn't. He said I have a small hernia thats nothing to worry about and said only long term resolution is surgery but for you just wear some briefs and you'll be fine.

4 days later I noticed the tiniest traces of blood where id been sleeping and a slight cloudiness of urine. I did a urine test at the GP and was given antibiotics but they had to send them off to the lab for further tests (which im still waiting for the results of).

Since that one episode i havent had anymore experiences with blood and urine is normal, but im questioning whether the aches and discomfort in my abdomen and testicles are related to an infection or if I do actually have a Hernia. Today is the first day ive been feeling a lot better, maybe the antibiotics are finally kicking in.

I have no visible signs of a bulge or bump, i guess i just wanted to know what other obvious symptoms there would be with having a hernia until i get my test results.

Thanks!

Carl

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Do you have an update to this? I am going through the exact same thing. really could do with hearing how this went

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.