No mesh hernia repair

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, i was wondering if anyone here has had a no mesh hernia repair? i have a small direct femoral hernia that i have had about 6 years. Mine happened during my pregnancy. I had a surgeon look at my hernia a few days ago and said that i can get it repaired, i told the surgeon i would like no mesh and he said yes he can do that since mine is small, I also requested all absorbable sutures and he said he can do that but recommend a suture that he has that will absorb after a year so i said yes. I am 5"3 122 pounds so he dosent think ill have a problem with future occurrence. Im scheduled for surgery October 5th. Would like to see if anyone has any experiences..

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.