Hiatal Hernia stabbing pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I can't find any new posts on hiatal hernia in over a year. I have a hiatal hernia and it feels like a knife in my chest when I eat regular food. It's not heartburn. It's a freaking knife. I'm having a CT done on Thursday. I saw a useless female nurse practioner last week and she downplayed everything I said and I read her report online a few days later and she just made stuff up. She said I was responding well to the Protonix. I hadn't even taken first dose! I'm female and I know most female drs. (and I'm a nurse) think female patients exaggerate their symptoms and any anxiety makes them think it's all in their head. I can't live with this kind of pain. I've been on pain killers for severe back pain for years. That is nothing right now compared to this. This is hell! I've had heartburn for years handled by zantac, prilosec and tums. Only thing that relaxes it is a valium. I've eaten nothing but rice cakes, chicken broth and a protein drink not a shake for the vitamins. I'm afraid the CT is not going to show much and it'll be downplayed because I of course I get horrible anxiety when it feels like a knife in my chest. I've lost almost 40 pounds in two months. I'm low iron so dr. put me on iron. I'm short of breath and I've never been short of breath in my life! This has me scared to freaking death! I know all about small meals and what not to eat etc. It doesn't help. Graham crackers cause the same pain as french fries.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hey 👋

I hope you are well. I'm getting terrible pain from my hiatal hernia. I have this pain in my throat as if something is stuck but it's causing me so much pain. I was just wondering how your appointment went, and if you have managed to heal?

Thank you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.