Abdominal Wall/Stomach Spasm Cause of Extreme Upper Left Pain and Cramps

Posted , 1 user is following.

I want to ask whether anyone have any information regarding how inner Abdominal Wall and Stomach relations work? Can damage or weakness of inner Abdominal wall cause severe Upper Left Stomach cramps and pain. And can this spasm last for months without relaxing?. I am suffering from severe upper left stomach pain exactly under ribcage. It feels like a severe cramp or like someone punched you and your diaphragm and stomach goes into spasm.

I have done numerous test including ultrasound, endoscopy, blood, mrcp (mri). None of them showed any abnormality. Doctors cant figure it out. My pain is aggravated by movement and walking and driving on a bumpy road causes pain as well, Pain is felt inside stomach and under heart as well, sometimes its like a knot other times like a severe cramp but its severe in whatever form it is. Pain is extreme and it has been 7 months without any relief. I cant do any physical activity even standing for longer period of times causes severe cramp like pain in upper left side. I have to sometimes grab and hold the area where pain is to get a slight relief.

Heres is my theory. I was very weak, deficient in Vit D and slightly low B12. I was put on harsh antibiotics for 7 days, which caused this pain ( I was healthy and pain free before that). So my theory is I was really weak at that time and upon using antibiotics the very second or third day I developed this severe pain in upper stomach, stomach was bloated and everything felt like it went upward in my stomach, I was in extreme pain but upon doctors encouragement I continued taking the antibiotics for 7 days. I was dying everyday but continued taking it. This I believed caused my Abdominal inner wall to go into spasm and since then it has not relaxed and this is inturn causing me excrutiating upper left stomach cramp and pain. Coughing doesnt cause any pain but doing any physical activity like brushing teeth and walking hurts and aggravates pain. Sometimes pain expands like ballon and it literally feels like stomach is balloning with pain and feels swollen from inside. My back has started to hurt aswell.

I do not have any knowledge about this topic. All I know is it is not directly a stomach spasm because I have taken smooth muscle relaxants in IV form and it has not done anything. It is also not a muscle pain but it rather feels exactly like a severe stomach cramp but in upper stomach and no where else. So can the stress from taking antibiotics and my weakness made the inner abdominal wall to go into spasm (first my whole upper stomach was painful, now its more on the left) and causing and connecting this excrutiating pain in my stomach? its unbearable and is there all the time but intensity changes through out the day. Does anyone have any knowledge regarding this could this be a possibility if yes how does this link?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Forgot to add the pain location is tender but its not painful even if I but pressure on it. But immediately releasing the pressure gives slight cramp like feeling. Because of this pain I believe my diaphragm is in spasm too, a neurophysician confirmed this aswell. But the problem is the cramp and severe pain is felt in my stomach rather than abdominal muscle. I cant eat much and lost so much weight because of that and this I believe is also the reason why i am getting so much back pain as well. If it is a spasm caused by weakness and stress, not eating well could be the reason it has not healed in 7 months. Although I have started taking multivit but I need specific vitamins like magnesium to deal with this if it really is true. But the pain is so extreme that it is confusing for both me and the doctors.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.