Abilify (is it dangerous)

Posted , 2 users are following.

I

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I haven't had any success with any ADs and my doctor is recommending a low dose of abilify to augument my current AD. I want to get better but am afraid of this class of medicine. Does anyone have any good report?
    • Posted

I've only just started this 5mg and have to build it up gradually I too have no joy with antidepressants. So far so good just feel a bit tired. Hope this helps x
    • Posted

Thanks for responding Chris. How long have you been taking abilify and do you take it before bed for I read you said it made your tired. How much higher do you feel you will need to go? From what I have read Abilify used as a agument to AD only needs a low dose.
    • Posted

Ive only just started it since Wednesday and am told to take it in the morning. 5 mg for a week then 10 mg for a week then 15 mg. I havent had any bad side effects so far. I also take 50mg sertraline but they might change this to something else as this never really worked for me over all.

I'm willing to try anything now as get depressed every 3 months x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.