Abilify + Sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Took it upon myself to up the Ability 2mg to an extra pill 4mg.  I was told my the doctor's office not to increase and now I know why.  3 days at 4mg with anxiety all day long - could hardly function or make any sense in conversation.  Going back to the 2mg with my 100mg Sertraline.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What is Abilify never heard of it I am on 100mg of setraline also take Diazapan when it gets too bad been on it for nearly 7 weeks thought it would be working by now so fed up of it all just want to be normal again xx
    • Posted

Abilify or Aripiprazole can be used in conjunction with an antidepressant like Sertraline and works on chemicals in the brain for depression.  It is a common add-on when just the antidepressant doesn't seem to work.  Just Google Abilify to get more info.  I am also on 100mg sertraline but with 2mg of abilify.  Have been on Sertaline in different does since end of July.

Keep the faith.  Sometimes these pills take time to work.

• Posted

you're right take it slowly, dont end up like me

• Posted

Hi Nancyew

I have always been afraid to take more medication than the doc has ordered...I do not need to make any more problems for myself than I already have on my too full plate.

• Posted

If your meds are working for you, of course, you wouldn't just add something new.  It was something my dr. suggested for me as Sertraline on its own wasn't working.

• Posted

Ouch!

Never increase or decrease a prescribed medication without the your physician being involved in the decision.

I hope you feel better soon

kind regards

• Posted

The doctor is always involved with any meds.!  Thanks, and I am beginning to feel a little better. Day to day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.