Ablation?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the last 2 years I've been having spotting for a week and then a heavy period for a week. Dr took me off birth control completely after trying about 5 different to correct this. I had a tubal so pills were only to regulate my cycle. Now that I'm not on anything I bleed almost non stop. About 25 days a month. I'm tired hungry and emotional. I go back next week to talk about ablation. I'm only 37. Will this work for me or am I better off going back to pills and only 2 predictable weeks of a period? Will it cause weight gain or loss of sex drive or feeling? I'm scared and unsure what to do.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had an ablation when I was 25 it worked for about 2 years for me but I had to have a hysterectomy at 30 due to endometriosis but if you aren't having kids then I think it's a good idea. I had mine due to excessive cramps every month it was a life saver. It doesn't cause weight gain or any bad side effects like that.I was glad I made the decision

• Posted

I had an ablation Dec 2015 and first couple months no problems then i ended up with a clot and months of being misdiagnosed. Although i had little bleeding after the clot burst the pain was horrific. After lots of discussion with my gynae who wanted me to have either a coil or medication route first i am.now 3 weeks post op a total hysterectomy. I wish i had not put myself through the ablation and year of more hell. However i do know people who had it and never had problems so everyone is different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.