Ablation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well Tuesday I went for my second EP study. The first one was done June 2016 that was unsuccessful.Doctor thought it was because I was taking  Klonopin.  So I spent 10 months coning off it  and also trazodone.  Worst 10 months of my life!!!!

So he would do second ablation once I was off everything. So this past Tuesday I went for the second one.

Success????  Nope

He found out that I did not have AVNRT ,but have  AT  (atrial tacycardia).  This particiular SVT requirred a different machine and different staff,so they could not do it

This requires  a 3D imagery.and sedation

So now I have to wait until May 7th. He also wanted my groin to heal

Just wondered if anyone  has AT,and what you experience

Btw, As I mentioned this was this Tuesday, and yesterday (Wed.) I had an episode,but it was different than what I normally experience.  Appreciate any information

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Lolasmom, I’m so sorry to hear this happened...makes you wonder how often others get misdiagnosed ...so your first attempt they did not discover that it was AT and not SVT?
    • Posted

Hi Paullie

Thank you for your reply

It was about an hour ago that I thought the same thing.

At the time when he was speaking with me,  you just can not think of everything to ask. I see him in 6 weeks and I will certainly find out.

I wonder if at the first attempt , the AT was hidden as I was taking a benzo at that time. He felt it  was  unsuccessful   because of the benzo. So glad I am off that crap

• Posted

Yes that’s right, perhaps the meds make it difficult to detect. I hear ya, you leave the Drs office and think of questions you wished you had asked 😕

• Posted

I'm confident, Lola, that your persistence will eventually pay you a huge dividend: a much better behaving heart.  I'm very impressed by your ability to keep trying.  Take the best of care of yourself.  

• Posted

Thank you Gene, You always say such kind things. I really appreciate it  Since coming off these med Clonezepam and Trazadone., it has been a nightmare. Nor sure whether it is the anxiety or still withdrawals.  Hoping it is withdrawals...........
  • Posted

Hang in there Lolasmom 😞 May will be here before you now it. If there’s a cancellation can you be considered for it? 

• Posted

Hi there paullie,

They never mentioned anything, but I see my EP  March 1, so I will ask

Just so discouraging....... 

• Posted

😞 this too shall pass...and the end result will be so worth it 😊

• Posted

I was diagnosed with svt in 2016 after 2 trips to the er. My dr recommends ablation. I see so many people who don't have good experiences with them. I will continue to stay on my 50 mg metoprolol. I am sorry it was not successful for you. I know how frustrating it must be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.