Ablation for svt

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had an ablation for svt 3weeks ago and not feeing too well ,I feel weak and shaky and feel my heart is not beating correctly,I've been on sotalol beta blockers for 20 years and have stopped taking them , I feel as though my heart could go into an svt but it doesn't but makes me feel horrible ,I also have been getting a flushed face 3or4 times a day ,I feel worse than I did before the ablation ,does anybody have any personnel information about post ablation I'm also worried all the time in case I get an episode I can't stop please let me know if you have any info 

thanks 

john 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

John,

Had mine 3 weeks ago. My heart flutters and I feel like I may have an episode, but it goes away too. My Dr. told me that was to be expected so I pay no mind to it. I do seem to have acid reflux all of a sudden, not sure if that is a side effect of the Ablation or not.

• Posted

Hi john. I hope you are feeling a little better. I have read your post. After my ablation I was re admitted to hospital for three weeks. I developed pericarditis but looking back I think a lot of it was anxiety. My heart would bloop for a while and I constantly felt like it would trigger ectopics at any time. This didn't happen. I have had two incidents since then. One because I drank to much alchohol on an evening out (10 vodka and cokes) and the other due to another bout of pericarditis. My sister had an ablation too around a month ago. She too has been very emotional. I think also coming off the mediation has it's own withdrawal symptoms. Try to discuss this with your gp and good luck
  • Posted

Hi john. I hope you are feeling a little better. I have read your post. After my ablation I was re admitted to hospital for three weeks. I developed pericarditis but looking back I think a lot of it was anxiety. My heart would bloop for a while and I constantly felt like it would trigger ectopics at any time. This didn't happen. I have had two incidents since then. One because I drank to much alchohol on an evening out (10 vodka and cokes) and the other due to another bout of pericarditis. My sister had an ablation too around a month ago. She too has been very emotional. I think also coming off the mediation has it's own withdrawal symptoms. Try to discuss this with your gp and good luck
  • Posted

Hi John. I would guess its probably quite normal to feel a bit anxious after an ablation. On top of that, as someone else mentioned, a change in medication will probably take a while to adjust to. I had my ablation about two years ago. For the first month, or maybe longer, I kept sensing missed beats etc. just like the start of an SVT episode. I went back to the clinic and they tested me but found all was normal. I don't know if those flutters were real or imagined, or maybe just normal flip-flops that everyone except sensitive SVT folk ignore. But they disappeared, or I stopped noticing them, all of their own accord. I have not had a single SVT episode since the ablation, so I hope this will be the same for you.
  • Posted

Hi John just spotted your discussion and wondered how you are now . Has it been a month did you say since your ablation ? 
  • Posted

Hi John

I had an ablation for SVT just over 3 weeks ago. Week 1 I had heavy ectopics, pains in my chest around the ablation sites and indigestion feeling with fatigue. Week 2 chest pains were less frequent, still very tired but with the occasional heavy knocks, with a feeling like the SVT was going to start but didn't. Week 3 no chest pain, no tiredness, a couple of knocks but feeling good. I totally empathise with the worry and feelings - "will it start again, if so will it stop". Hang in there it will get better. I never took beta blockers beforehand but ibeorkbin general practice and know the side effects can be bad for some people. Talk to your GP for reassurance, I bet it's post procedure settlement along with meds withdrawal. Good luck mate. 

• Posted

I experienced this also and my heart rate was high afterwards. I felt horrible but it got better.

If you are really concerned, seek your doctors advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.