Ablation help please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

Could anyone who has had ablation treatment kindly let me know their experiences and if they feel it was a success or more to the point would they do it again if they had their time over? I'm trying to work out a strategy to cure reflux problems once and for all and trying to tidy up all the diestry restrictions.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rex, have never heard of ablation for the oesophagus, what does it do?
    • Posted

Hi Julie and Janet - I might have the spelling wrong! Its a procedure in Australia where they burn the scarring off and the tissue regrows. Needs a couple of goes. Know a lass that had it done a month ago and is doing really well but as we all know we are all different hence my post to get more info. It was done as a day procedure.
    • Posted

Wish you all the best rex, I have Barretts Oesophagus would love to be able to mend the damage done. Can live in hope!
    • Posted

Hi Rex, yes I've heard of ablation, particularly of the uterus. It is burning the lining, if it's diseased. I'm just not sure how it helps LPR. I suppose it gets rid of damaged tissue. My surgeon has never mentioned it.
    • Posted

Hi Janet - just talked to the lass and she said no ppi's at all and she says she is eating normally. Turns out she had LPR wrongly diagnosed as astma. Also had some cysts and the op was done as an emergency. Could hardly speak before the op. I suppose if you used all the dietry tricks we have all learned here then the new lining could see us out? She is due to go back in 6 months to clean up whatever that means. We live in hope!
    • Posted

Hi Rex, have you had LPR for a long time? You seem very knowledgable about it. Do you follow the low acid diet and drink the alkaline water?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.