Ablation recovery

Posted , 4 users are following.

ok...so I had my radio ablation for afib and svt on 1-29-21

that night I started hurting really bad in my chest. Turns out I had Bacterial pneumonia. I was in the hospital a couple of days. went to my primary 11 days later...no pneumonia.

My oxygen level is ok...its 97%.

my problem is shortness of breath. Im fine if I'm sitting or get up and move around....I just have to keep trying to get a good deep breath...also if I bend over for any amount of time I'm out of breath. Has anyone else experienced this with ablation?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I experienced nothing like that with either of my ablations, Jeff. I suggest that you discuss these symptoms, if they continue, with your health-care people. I know you could use some encouragement from them. Take care

• Posted

Hey Jeff,

Hope you're feeling better! I just had ablation for SVT (AVNRT) 1 week ago and haven't had those symptoms. I'm certainly no expert but, i suspect your symptoms are more likely to be from the pnuemonia than from the ablation. Definitely worth talking to your cardiologist or primary doc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.