Ablation tomorrow 25th

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi everyone so I'm booked in for the ablation tomorrow at 12pm. I only got the appointment last week as it was a cancellation. As it's so close to the time I'm getting very scared now and I've got voices telling me this time tomorrow I'll be dead. I suffer with bad anxiety anyway but SVT has made it worse. I want the procedure because I'm only 24 and it's ruined the last 2 years of my life, I've lost my Childs father because of all this, he's left me and found someone else. Please any words of wisdom for me tomorrow. I've just been in to kiss my 2 year old goodnight I need to do this for her. Thank you so much x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, you are not alone, This procedure is very easy, nothing will happen to you, just

relax and you will be fine in a few hours, the recovery is a little hard since you will be tired, but that is normal you have to give time to your heart to be recovered.  But beside that most people get successful when they do this procedure.  For me it was not but successful I take medication Metroprolol and I saw my Card

Doctor and he wants me to change for Propranolol because he said is going to help me with my anxiety.  Is not easy but all of us are in the same boat.  Did someone try that medication Propranolol? and have some bad or good experiences with that.

• Posted

Hi,

my GP put me on Propranolol to help take the edge of my anxiety and panick attacks. I was taking 10 mg in the morning and evening and it helped me a lot, also with my migraines. I still take a pill every now and then, when I feel like my anxiety is getting harder to control. I have a very good experience with it, no side effects at all.

Cheers,

Pavli

• Posted

Hey. It could be that a cancellation is the best thing because you don't have so long to anticipate it!  Please remember these are experts at what they do and Its a very low risk procedure with a high success rate. They wouldn't be doing the ablation in your case unless it was so! 

I had my ablation 5 years ago and it cured my SVT completely, no meds, no cardio checks, nothing. Its a huge amount of anxiety gone from my life.

My memory of the procedure was that it was no worse than just a single episode of the same duration. It really is no big deal.

When you arrive they will give you a tablet to chill you out so it wont be any kind of a stressful situation. They'll also give you a local so you dont feel any pain of any kind. Then they will use the device to briefly trigger SVT so they know the precise site to burn a little tissue from (which I don't remember feeling either). When the short SVT episode stops you then probably be cured for good.

Next thing you know its all over and they will probably let you go home a few hours later.

Trust me, the anticipation and the small amount of discomfort is a tiny price to pay for being rid of this horriible condition.

Will be thinking of you and hoping it all goes as well for you as it did for me.

Please come back and let us know how it went.

All the best smile

• Posted

You're going to be fine. This is going to be a new chapter in your life. I had mine done in December and I couldn't be happier about having had the procedure done. Just focus on getting this done and how you are going to need to find someplace comfortable to rest for the next day or 2, however you feel, and plan on what you're going to do without having this in your life anymore. It's actually pretty cool when you think about it. After a few months you'll forget all about it. They actually have it down to a science, lol 😂! Let us know how it went for you afterwards. Chin up!💪🏼

• Posted

Go for it. I had it 14 days ago and all I had to avoid was heavy lifting fir a week. The only problems I had was a very sore knee when one of the operating staff leant against it. (It was sore anyway). It is so great to be SVT free. Absolutely nothing to worry about. All the best and you start looking forward to a new life without SVT.
  • Posted

Hi there,

I want to tell you  that you will be just fine.  It seems scary but just think how much better you eill be after. 

I went for an ablation last June but it was unsuccessful as they could not find the irregular circuit. My SVT is random and I came off the beta blocker for the procedure and never went back on it.  

I have anxiety too. Prior to my procedure I was schedules 3 weeks prior but it was postponed by the hosital for some other emerg.  I remember trying to walk from the car to the hospital and could not feels my legs. They were all jittery and jerky. The staff after telling me I would not have the procedure done that day could see how anxious I was. So they took me for a tour of the cath lab and showed me everthing.  that certainly helped me for the 3 week wait.

I am having a 2nd attempt but have to wean off my medications as the doctor thinks it was unsuccessful because of the anxiety med I was on. I am slowly weaning off and then will go again.

I think the worst thing about the whole thing was the laying and not moving after.  Though I was so disappointed it did not fix my SVT (AVNRT), I will diffently go again. They are so kind and you can ask as many questions as you want. I am in Toronto Canada.

I truly believe that once it is done and corrected your anxiety will diminish. We anxious people tend to create more anxiety.  

Just think about never having to worry about whether you will have SVT again

Pretty amazing eh?

You will be just fine.  Remember to take about 2 days and relax.  I went through the whole thing, just not the correction. I went up to my cottage and relaxed for 3 days. Just enjoyed some quiet time. The groin mught hurst a little bit,

I will be anxious to hear how you made out. You will do great.

Just think about your lovely 2 year old, and not having to worry about tachey again

Please keep in tough and let me know. You cam PM me any time

Hugs 

• Posted

Try and stay calm you will be in good hands think of the positive and think this time tomorrow I'm a step closer to all this improving not the negative, as for the child's father selfish and when your emotionally better as well as a improvement in your health it's his loss he should of stuck by you Xiamen myself have had a ablation please let me know about how you get on xxx

• Posted

Hi Hun good luck and remember anxiety is our brains way of lying to us don't listen to it just breath and the hospital will look after you

• Posted

Update for everyone: MY PROCEDURE WAS SUCCESSFUL

I thank you all for your comments it helped a lot and after a few weeks I will post a blog about the procedure to help people that was scared like me. Thank you everyone X

• Posted

Yaaaa, good for you

Looking forward to hearing about it 

• Posted

Truly fine and uplifting news.  I'm sincerely pleased for you.  The blog sounds like an excellent idea, and it should help lots of people.  Thnamks for such a wonderful report.

• Posted

I apologize for my lousy typing.  I'll use my excitement for you as an excuse.

• Posted

Hi!

Im 23 and currently debating the ablation procedure. Beta blockers havent really helped me and they make me feel terrible. I only usually get svt during exercise or certain quick movements but I can't avoid those things all the time. I was wondering if you could maybe send me a direct message so I could ask you more questions regarding the procedure? I'm so glad it worked out for you!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.