Abnormal Bloating?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is it normal to experience bloating much more predominantly on one side (right)?

Please see pictures below. I am pushing my stomach out to exaggerate the abnormality some.

Other symptoms in case relevant:

• dull ache on right side (felt where liver is located) for 3+ months; not painful; seems most prominent or worst after working out; like a continuous side stitch

• continuous clear runny nose for 3+ months despite trying all sorts of allergy meds and sprays

• fatigue is very prominent; physical fitness levels have declined even tho i continue working out 4+ times/week

• have tried many different diets in attempt to fix the bloating- Whole30, vegetarian each for 6+ weeks but noticed minimal improvement

• had an ultrasound 3 months ago when I first complained of the dull ache by liver and ultrasound showed everything was normal

imageimage

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, I too seem to be suffering the same kind of symptoms as yourself along with lower backache in the morning and throughout the day, due you suffer backache? I also have constant heartburn/acid reflux. Although I'm not sure if my right side pain is due to liver or gallbladder problem. I do have a small cyst and haemangioma on my liver that was found on ultrasound scan last year.

I also have a gallbladder polyp so not sure where the pain is from, but the fatigue and leg weakness is also an issue for me, do you tend to feel breathless also? Like you say the extreme bloating is really awful and becoming a problem, as like yourself I was also working out 4/5 times a week but can't seem to get out of bed due to extreme fatigue!

I would go back to GP if I were you and ask for more tests to be done, as it could also be gastritis or H pylori as they can cause similar issues? Take care and hope you get some help and some answers.

Keep us posted how you get on. Good Luck!

• Posted

really appreciate you taking time to share! the lower back aches have started recently actually. hoping to see a gastroentologist soon!

• Edited

cysts are common/normal.. my Dr also has them and said they are a very common variation..

• Posted

Your welcome!

Hope you get sorted out when you see the consultant

Best wishes & take care

• Posted

did you have your bloodwork done

• Posted

Yes I had a few CBC WITH AUTO DIFFERENTIAL lab tests done. the biggest concern that came out if it is that my absolute neutrophils fluctuates from 1.1 to 3.2 to 1.2. Any thoughts on what that could indicate?

thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.