Abnormal ECG

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello!

Yesterday I came back from staying the night at the hospital. I'd been having minor chest and left arm pains, and they kept me in overnight to be safe.

While there, they performed blood tests, swab tests, and a couple of ECG's, and while the blood tests did come back clear, the ECG's were abnormal, indicating that my heart might not be getting all the blood it needs. But the doctor also did say that, with nothing to compare to, that might be my 'normal'.

Could anyone advise what this means? They didn't explain massively. I plan on getting myself to the doctor this week.

Thanks!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Write it all down that you want to say, that way you will not forget.

What they seem to be saying that the heart condition could be congenital.

But

Get it checked out if your Dr isn't good change Drs your health ls important..

Don't dismiss it please x

• Posted

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place!!

Could I get the thread moved?

And I know that I have a bit of a family history; maternal grandmother and grandfather both had heart attacks, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has ever been diagnosed with an abnormal ECG, and what that meant.

As the hospital tests confirmed, my chest pains were nothing to do with my heart.

• Posted

Does anyone else have further advice or experience of this? I'd rather appreciate it, as it's becoming quite a worry.

Seeing the doctor tomorrow.

• Posted

The doctor you're seeing tomorrow is the person to explain the test results to you:  keep asking questions until you fully understand waht's going on.

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks!

I've also had heart palpitations today and some minor chest discomfort, along with heart rhythm irregularity.

No actual pain though. What so these symptoms usually mean in conjunction with the other things?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.