Abnormal LFT report

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 52 years old women. I was suffering from throat infection from few months and had problem in gulping food and liquid. My doctor asked to get thyroid test. The result was as following 

T3, total = 0.85 Ng/mL (0.40-1.81)

T4, total =9.38 ug/dL (5.01-12.01)

TSH= 7.76 ulU/mL  (0.550-4.780)

LFT REPORT 

S Bilirubin total=1.0 (0.3-1.2 mg%)

Direct= 0.2 (0.03mg)

SGOT= 56 (5-34 IU/L)

SGPT= 69 (5-40 IU/L)

T Protien= 6.9 (6.4-8.4 g/L)

Albumin= 3.7 (3.2-5.4 g/L)

Globulin=3.2 (3.2-3.4. g/L)

Alk phosphate= 158 (28-111 IU/L)

Are these reports normal. Or is there any abnormality. I came across post claiming SGOT and SGPT if abnormal damage the liver. 

Please suggest me what needs to be done.

Regards

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Mine had come back abnormal like yours did. I was ordered an ultrasound CT, MRI and biopsy to make sure there was no damage and to figure out the cause. Hope you can figure out why yours are high! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.