Abnormal liver function (DILI)

Posted , 5 users are following.

4 months ago I accidentally overdosed on nortryptoline whilst trying to get some sleep (took 5 20mg) I was drunk at the time, but never the less the following day I was in A&E with palpitations and other horrible side effects.

For following month I couldn't really sleep having palpitations and felt really ill, after that month I just started feeling really dozy like I was drunk 24/7 and had this tightness feeling in my chest that would come and go, I just thought it was like anxiety from that awful month and I would get heartburn 3 nights a week at average, I just continued life as normal. I went out for drinks here and there didn't make me feel too bad I actually felt in less of a daze after a drink. my diet recently had been pretty bad take away and rubbish just comfort food , so after feeling run down for so long I went to the doctor he gave me some anti anxiety meds and gave me a blood test.

I must admit I do feel a little better but I still feel really tired and have pain in my abdomen and back and I seem to be drinking allot more water because I have an almost constant dry mouth and more recently I've taken note of foamy urine I've been looking up symptoms to do with liver problems so it has me some what worried

just recently I've received a call from the doctors about the blood tests showing "abnormal liver function" and been told to book another blood test in 3 months, I'm just a bit worried, I feel as though the doctors arnt treating it as something that could be serious as I'm only 19, (maybe they think I might have been drinking the weekend before but I havnt touch the stuff in a month) what do you guys think? I'm just worried and I don't know who to ask so I'm on here, should I ask for more test like a urine sample or something like that?

2 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

  • Posted

    I think you are 19...and no worries for the liver right now.

    Obviously if you make it to my age...52...and keep drinking..than you will have problems...more serious.

    Keep hydrating...and the urine will contain less bubbles...The alcohol dehydrates us sooooo much...

    It seems at your age..you shouldn't be so worried about these health issues...and probably have a bit of health anxiety.

    I am not giving you an excuse to continue hurting your body...drinking should be less or none for you...and that is another subject...but take care of yourself...eat well,...drink plenty..and I mean PLENTY of fluids...without alcohol

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I had the same thing I was doing Percocet and I felt really dizzy and sick now i have fatigue abdominal pain back pain weight loss keep waking up at night major aniexty and depression I'm weak ... All my tests are ok though so I'm confused I don't know what to do anymore hopefully it'll just go away in time

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Yeah I just thought it was all mental, my blood test came back fine apart from liver function it just threw me off, I've decided to quit drinking for these three months and eat healthy until my next test in 3 months, I'm already feeling the benefits I think, my diet has been trash for the past 3 months I've put on 6lbs so hopefully I just have a fatty liver or something like that which I can improve rolleyes

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Ive booked another appointment I've noticed I've been loosing body hair in patches and I can feel my liver just under my right rib cage and it hurts when I apply slight pressure on it, better to be safe I think request a few more tests just to be sure I don't have an autoimmune problem, but then again it could be down to stress guess I'll find out on Thursday

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up