Abnormal mammogram

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a mammogram last week and have an appointment for a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound on both breasts this Friday. In my left breast they found asymmetrical density and in the right a small mass toward my armpit. The wait is killing me. My mother died of breast cancer at 52 and now I'm 40 and have horrible anxiety over this. I had a biopsy of a cyst 10 years ago and it ended up being fibroid. Should I be so worried?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I understand that of those called back nine out of ten people are found to have benign problems. 
  • Posted

I have a question. Any other daily with cancer?
    • Posted

The only dealing I've ever had is my mother. She was diagnosed at 50 and died at 52. This is why I am worried.
    • Posted

Your story is my story. I have had many scares. My advice is to do your best to stay as calm as you can. Try not to worry till you have something to worry about. Friday can't come soon enough. Please let me know what you find out. It is easy to feel out of control on this
    • Posted

Yes ma'am it is! It is so scary and nobody understands how hard it is to stay positive. Thank you for understanding and I will let you know asap
  • Posted

Well I went for the mammogram and ultrasound and my BIRAD is 4a which is suspicious but actually good news hopefully. I go Monday to meet with a surgeon about a biopsy but I'm feeling really positive.
    • Posted

That sounds like great news!!! Please let me know if you need to talk about any of this. This news made my day. You are blessed
    • Posted

Yes ma'am. Thank you for your prayerssmile hopefully the biopsy will be negative and I can go on with my life!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.