Abnormal periods

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi newbie here 37 year old plus size women with irregular cycles. i have had irregular cycles for years i got my period when i was around 10 or 11 and they were always very painful and very heavy. when i was in my 20s my periods would sometimes skip a month or not always be on time. when i reached my 30s i had some periods that lasted almost a month i would also notice once in a while skipping. i had transvaginal ultrasounds done pelvic exams i even got bacterial vaginosis and pelvic inflamitory a few times. been with my husband for 9 years doc always did test for stds even though i told him we dont sleep around.

this november i had a late period but it was normal dec i think it came late end of month again but i cant remember if it was normal or not

january comes no period at the end of the month but i am having some spotting and its not hitting the pad go see gyno and he does a pelvic exam where he uses some soap to clean my insides the he takes some tube and scrapes for some tissue to check to make sure i dont have anything abnormal going on it a histoscopy (not sure on spelling) results in 3 weeks its now over 3 weeks and no results to my paitent portal i see him on the 6th of march for follow up. well the bleeding is back started very early this am with pain on my lower left side and feeing nausea and lightheaded. i am not on any kind of birth control and never have been

there is no chance im preganant so what could be causing this. im freaking out major. and my mom just got diagnosed with stage 2 ovarian cancer

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi, you sound a lit like me. it sounds like you are in perimenopause, your oeriods are wonky, the pms symptoms, the spotting, ive been in that stage for 10 years now ! im praying for full blown menopause! im sure youre fine but to ease your mind call and ask for your resuits im sure they have them. keep us posted !

~ Tricia

• Posted

no one in my family has gone through early menopause, if so it will be w blow ad i was working on getting my health back in order because once my a1c went down and my weight got down my doctors said i could try and have a baby. i know i would be high risk but i got married later in life and we let life get in the way and when i turned 37 thats when everyone around me was having babies and we decided that we wanted to try for one

• Posted

perimenopause isnt early menopause its just the time of your life your hormones change. i still get periods and im 47. ive had perimenopause since age 35. of course you can stil have a healthy baby . no worries

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.