abnormal results no infection help

Posted , 3 users are following.

All year I have had wee sample tests that come back positive for nitrates and white blood cells been given 4 lots of antibiotics only to be told to stop as when they've cultured my wee is come back no infection. Once again Friday nitrates and white blood cells given antibiotics rung Monday and told I have to see the doctor with another sample. Went today and the culture had came back no infection and redid dip stick in office which came back with nitrates and white blood cells. My doctors are baffled as to why this is happening does anybody on here know what would make this show in my wee other then an infection many thanks x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

My doctor told me, that it's very hard to get a culture to grow if you are taking or have taken antibiotics
    • Posted

Thanks for replying I was only given antibiotics after the dip stick test so wasn't on them the time the wee was sent off to culture if that makes sense x
  • Posted

Are you having pain and the feeling of wanting to wee all the time?
    • Posted

Hi,

I've had this three times now within 5 months.

It's starts off with what I'd call mild cramp in my tummy, I go to the doctors who checks my urine and says that there are WBC present. That's gets sent to the lab, they test and grow it and say that the white blood cells aren't inflamed so it's not an infection. In the meantime the antibiotics takeaway the pain and everything is normal again, until the next time.

It's starting to get my down as I worry constantly about my health as it is!

• Posted

Totally the same my doctor finnaly figured it out he said it's intestinal cystitis I have a scan in December just to check it's not kidney stones then comfirm he said it flares for a few months then goes into remission. Mention it to your gp next time. Any chance you've been run down like me cold after cold x
    • Posted

Thanks for replying Lauren.

I'm at my GP tomorrow again so I'll speak to him about it.

I've really got myself in to a total panic, my Dad died from Kidney Cancer and I've convinced myself that I have it to, as I have blood in urine,but no infection and the pains in my abdomen. Honestly I think I'm going nuts.

• Posted

No your not I'm the same always wbc for me nitrate was a one off lol. It does play on your mind alot but sure if the doctors were concerned if that they would of done tests sooner considering you've had this 5 months I've had it since Feb and there only now admitting there is something to it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.