Skip to content

Urinary Tract Infection

Also known as Pyelonephritis, UTI

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Need Help with UTI Treatment (28 yr old Male)

I am a 28 year old Male. I have been on Ciproflaxin for 10 Days now, Still experiencing some burning when i pee and still have the increased urge to urinate. I have been drinking atleast 2 Cranberry Juice (Sugar Free) glasses per day, and as much water as i can in-take. I don't drink or take caffeine,...

Last reply
  • Constant UTI’s

I need some serious help. I’m 22 years old, and for the past 3 years, I’ve been getting a UTI almost TWICE a month. I’m starting to go mad. And it is severely depressing me. No doctor takes me seriously. I’ve been to family doctors, and gynecologists. None of which have proved to be helpful. They just...

Last reply
  • Uti over uti, for 3-4 years

Hi,  Im yaya, female, married & sexually active.  Ive had recurrent uti for over 3-4 years ever since in college. Did the ultrasound etc for hundred of times & blood tests etc but all came out normal & okay. I know im not alone but if anyone knows whats really good for curing uti...

Last reply
  • Constant UTI, no bacterial growth. 6+ months.

Hi, Situation is as follows: Cystoscopy in 2015, uretha dilation because of 6 infections within 9 months. Told I have a large bladder. Infections come back every now and then until late 2017. I get generalised symptoms of frequency, stinging, kidney back pain, nausea, white cells and blood in my...

Last reply
  • On and off leukocytes in urine + other symptoms

Okay, so this is my millionth post in the forum I'm sure however I like to document this painfully long journey... In April time I was diagnosed with my first 'UTI' (culture negative for bacteria) then a month later I was diagnosed with my second 'UTI' (culture negative for bacteria...

Last reply
  • cisc

how to manage cisc in colleges and working place ?

Last reply
  • UTI FOR FOUR WEEKS. HELP!

It’s been four weeks that i have had a uti on and off.... mostly on. It’s driving me insane. I have been on macrobid 7 days. Nitrofurantoin 5 days. And finally Cipro for 10 days. As soon as i was done the antibiotic i felt better for maybe 24-48 hours and then it started right back up again. I was finally...

Last reply
  • uti Recent infections

have had several antibiotics for e coli. Now referred to urologist.  Dr wants me to take trimethroprim daily till appt but its making me sick.  Dont know what to do, if i stop will infection return again, but i cant go on being sick n this.  She said my crp level is elevated, what will...

Last reply
  • First Uti at 46

Ok all the smart woman of the world coming from this dumb woman in the world. So my first ever UTI at 46 and wow talking about hell on earth and I thought child birth hurt. So i left this bad boy go for about 2 weeks to the point that I started sweating during the day  night sweats back pain foggy...

Last reply
  • Ecoli and uti infection

Im a male 27 years and ive had uti for a few days. Well turns out there was a trace of ecoli in my urine test. Anyone else experinced this and have foughten it

Last reply
  • Macrobid for uti

I figured I would start another discussion being that the other one I'm bit getting much help from Ok. So I go from stomach issues to uti to stomach issues to a low grade UTI. I am out on a 3 day antibiotics (macrobid) and then 6 weeks one a day . Anyone taken macrobid and do you take supplements...

Last reply
  • Can UTI's cause permanent damage?

Hi everyone,  I know I post on here a lot but when I google I never get a straight answer and even when I ask my doctor I don't either it's just so confusing.  I keep asking if UTI's can cause damage to the bladder but the only responses I get are 'they can move to the kidneys...

Last reply
  • Repetitive e coli cultures

After two months and four sets of antibiotics this is worse.  Nitrofurantoin is making the pain worse each day i take it.  A week of amoxicillin made no difference.  I think i am now immune to antibiotics. I dont know what left to try, fosfomycin ?

Last reply
  • UTI infection

My wife is suffering UTI infection. she is taking cipro 500 mg twice a day with cranberry extracts available here in Pakistan. Gorst doctor could not decide the reason of back pain and frequent urine. She felt swear pain in her lower back 4 weeks ago and doctor gave her pain killer injection. Urine test...

Last reply
  • Uti and What can i eat?

Sort of confusing..ive read alot online about how you should only eat mostly fruits and vegetables, rice...oatmeal and drinks lots of water and cranberry juice...I then went to the National Institute of Health site...and they say....experts do not think eating, diet and nutriton have an effect on UTI?...

Last reply
  • i'm losing my mind. please help

about 2 months ago i got a really bad UTI. it took over a month for it to go away. apparently the first antibiotics killed the bacteria off, but i was still experiencing symptoms of it and had to take two other kinds of antibiotics. the urologist i visited explained that i was experiencing bladder inflammation...

Last reply
  • UTI comes back few days later- Help

I've posted on here a few times but I've had a lot of experience with these urinary tract infections it's starting to become ridiculous.  This will be the six time I've had to take antibiotics this year. THIS YEAR.  I only ever had twice a year before this.  I got the...

Last reply
  • Trimethoprim not working?

Hello,  Over the past few days I've felt off and had discomfort in my bladder and lower down and was diagnosed with a UTI just yesterday.  I began taking trimethoprim last night, taking two tablets immediately like that prescription said and then taking one per night after.  However...

Last reply
  • Recurrent uti

two three day courses of nitrofurentoin then five days of amoxicillin still no effect on e coli uti.  Now another five days of nitrofurentoin.  Feel awful on it. What next if it fails to address infection which has been tested three times now.

Last reply
  • Prevention of uti

I get my first uti 2 monthes after being sexually active. The worst feeling ever. I didnt know what it was I had no clue that sexual intercourse could be harmful to your urinary system. I cured it with antibiotics, then next month, exactly at the same day , i got another. I thought it might be for Oral...

Last reply
  • How do i know my UTI has cleared?

I have been taking antibiotics for 4 days. The first 2 days I took BACTRIM but that gave me panic attacks, so I am now taking AUGMENTIN DUO I find the antibiotics are debilitating. I cannot seem to function properly. So my question is - if the pain has gone away- but I am still urinating frequently-...

Last reply
  • uti over uti, for almost years of suffering

Hi,  Im married & 24 yrs old, i am sexually active & ive always had recurrent uti for over 3 - 4 years, did ultrasound & bloodtests all came out normal. Except i had ovarian cyst and got operated few weeks ago. I am so depressed & out of clue. Had anyone experience this before ?...

Last reply
  • UTI symptoms, negative culture

I have had uti symptoms for 10 days, 2 visits to ER, thought i might have stones. Negative. Im on my 3rd antibiotic and I feel better. My culture came back negative and my doctor said I can stop my antibiotics. Im not sure i should stop though. Thoughts?

Last reply
  • D mannose..Not Working.... and more..

I have been suffering for a year now with UTI's....my bladder always feels like I have a UTI even when I come up negative...I take DMannose EVERY DAY and YES my infection is always Ecoli...the only antibiotic that seems to work is Levaquin...Cipro did nothing even though the strain was sensitive...

Last reply
  • My Mom is suffering from UTI infection

Hello All, My Mom is 67 and she is diabetic from last 15 years.. Currently she takes insulin three times a day before food and at the bedtime.. from last two months she is suffering from UTI infection. it is a continues episode of UTI.. every two weeks she gets infection. After taking antibiotics she...

Posted
  • No burning sensation! Just tingling after peeing for years !

Had anyone experience this before ? I feel tingling for years but still affected by uti sometimes after sex. I drink a lot of water, but if i dont i may get affected by uti, and after peeing i will feel tingling for 5 -10 seconds then its gone, then continuesly tingling sensation after Peeing for years....

Last reply
  • UTI symptoms, negative culture

I have had uti symptoms for 10 days, 2 visits to ER, thought i might have stones. Negative. Im on my 3rd antibiotic and I feel better. My culture came back negative and my doctor said I can stop my antibiotics. Im not sure i should stop though. Thoughts?

Last reply
  • Natural Remedies for UTI

Hello all! I’ve struggled with UTI’s a couple times in the last few years and every time they’re unbearably painful and cause a lot of stress and disrupt in my life. All previous times I’ve ended up rushing to the emergency room and getting whatever antibiotics they choose to pump into me, anything to...

Last reply
  • Uti vaginal cream

experience of cream used for vagina post menopause to help feeling of uti.  Age 65. New to this as never suffered since 12 years post menopause.  Is it worth trying?  I have anxiety condition.

Last reply
  • Weird Tingling sensation in my Vagina

This started 2-3 days ago, I've been feeling weird tingling sensation in my vagina after I pee. I doesn't burn nor do I have pain it just after I feel I have a weird sensation. I been having an urge to pee and pressure on my bladder.  It feels like an orgasm but then again I don't know....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.