Urine dipstick

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

Last Tuesday (9 days ago) I had back ache. I put it down to usual aches and pains I get and because I was sitting. Began to feel like my kidneys were burning so I ordered urine dipsticks. Wednesday felt like they were burning when I sat down. Thursday onwards its been fine really other than a bit of low back pain (but I am due on). Thursday onwards... So the last 7 days the dipstick has shown blood every time (trace or the one above), protein sporadically and then on Monday it was showing leukocytes. I have been prescribed antibiotics for suspected uti. Just taken my last antibiotic and it's again blood, protein and leukocytes. I am drinking plenty. Any recommendations?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.