Uti Symptoms for almost a year

Posted , 5 users are following.

Back in October for 2021 i was diagnosed was a e-coli uti. I was prescribed medication I took it all and was still not feeling better. My symptoms got so bad to the point where i couldnt get out of bed it hurt to wear underwear or even take a shower.I went to the hospital and they said I still had a uti they prescribed me a even stronger medication.My symptoms still didnt go away i waited a couple months and went back to the gynecologist and she said it was not possible for me to still have a UTI. she didnt take a urine sample and only took a sample of my discharge and sent it to the lab and everything was fine.She looked at me like i was crazy when i said i was still having UTI symptoms.Now its July the symptoms arent as severe as they where.But im still having an issue of peeing and it burns and the burning can last for up to a whole hour or longer.Sometimes it burns not even when i use the bathroom and its getting to the point where im having trouble sleeping i cant work i cant even go out with friends.The only relief is either a cold shower or an ice pack.Can someone pls help or if anyone has ever had this issue i feel like im going crazy.And i just took an at home urine test today and it came out positive for a uti still.image

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

can someone pls help i need to get back to my life and for this to go away

• Posted

Sorry you are going through this.It sucks! I had 4 positives for ecoli since March 2022.No answers, very frustrating.Had 4 rounds of antibiotics.All keflex.

• Posted

Hi Alexis

Have you discussed with you GP a possible bladder condition called painful bladder Syndrome as this can mimic the symptoms of a UTI you may need a referral to a Urologist Consultant, I have the condition and it cN be very painful as you have discussed, good luck x

• Posted

Greetings. I came here just to share some info that might be of help to others. I am a guy.. An older guy. It is unusual for a guy to get a UTI but I was getting more and more of them. Five a year. My doctor wanted me to go to a urologist. I did some research instead. On my own I started taking two supplements, both from Walmart. 1. D- Mannose 500mg capsules.and 2. Cranberry 15,000 mg capsules. You can google what they do. The D-Mannose binds bacteria in the urinary tract preventing them from adhering to the walls and forming an infection. The Cranberry is added urinary support. Anyway, it's been over a year now and no more UTI's.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.