Abnormal Serum Ferritin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I've had blood tests over the past few weeks which have shown everything is normal apart from my serum ferritin. The first showed a result of 469 which then went down to 365 and is now 400. Inflammation level is 5. My doctor has tested liver function etc.....all normal. I have felt unwell for almost a year. Joint and muscle pain, tummy pain, headaches, fatigue. I am post menopausal, in fact, I had a hysterectomy 33 years ago. Should I be concerned? Many thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had blood test this week and noticed my serum ferritin is 648. Seeing GP tomorrow, so I will see what he says.

• Posted

Thanks so much, I'll be very interested to hear. Hope all goes well.

• Posted

Hi Florence66

I really dont know -my apologies- Ive got a blood test the week after next -Im in the wars because after a fall from a big horse Im a shadow of my former self-Im reduced to walking with a crutch for a few weeks because Ive got a very badly strained leg & a slight crack in my lower pelvis & even though Ive been unemployed for 3 years I now cant work until I can walk normally again - so having some really dark days -In all 51 years & god knows how many days of my life IVE NEVER EVER WALKED WITH A CRUTCH!!

if its not enough that I cant walk I've got to have this blood test & Im in two minds whether to cancel it or not

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through such a dark and painful time. I would have the blood test as knowledge is power. Is there someone that could help you get to the blood test? I think it's very important to get as much information as you can to make an informed decision to go forward. I really hope that you get the help you need and feel much better soon.

• Posted

Hi, the levels you report may be high but there can be many reasons for this. Your best approach now is to discuss with your GP what may be causing this. Dont listen to any advice except your doctor as there really are many reasons.

Oh, dont worry about things, worry cannot help but positive action can.

I hope all goes well and you are able to find the path to ease your symptoms.

Dave.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply Dave and good advice. I'm seeing my Dr this Tuesday. Florence.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.