Abnormal smear results

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi 

would anybody know If being in peri menepause would have any effect on my smear results? Thanks in advance 🙂

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately, I don't think it would affect tissue composition.  It might affect certain characteristics, but I don't think it would have much influence on whether the tissue itself was abnormal.  

However, take heart in that if there are tissue abnormalities that you have options to deal with it.  Best of luck to you, and let me know how you get on.  xx

• Posted

Thanks for your help thought id ask on here to see if anybody else ever had this 🙂

• Posted

May I ask what were you diagnosed with so I can give you more details about what caused it? 
    • Posted

I got my results saying high grade dyskaryosis (moderate) I have colposcopy tomorrow thank you for your reply 🙂

• Posted

Oh good, that way he can look at the cells, he may have to do cryo. It was my suspicion that it was linked to HPV.  Only way to know is to take a sample and look under the microscope. Okay, well it sounds as if you're in good hands. Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.