Abortion 6 months later...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I had my abortion nearly 6 months ago, I found out I was pregnant just after I left my partner of 6 years. We already have one child together, who is nearly 2 and I couldn’t face bringing up another child on my own and I wanted to give my little one that I already have, the best life possible. So I had the abortion and it hurts like crazy everyday I find myself saying sorry to it in my head, I’m being tortured I know it sounds crazy but I loved it so much and I’d give anything for it to be still with me. I’ve booked an appointment for the doctors, to see if I can get some professional help. As I did it for my little one and this is not helping him. How do I get over this as it’s taking over my life? 

Thanks x 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My daughter had an abortion years ago and since she's a Christian, she had extreme guilt, etc.

She went through a program at a Christian organization for just this sort of thing and knows that she has been forgiven by the lord and that some day she will meet her baby in heaven. If you're a Christian, try to find a resource like this, or if not, pray that god will make himself real to you.

Blessings😊

• Posted

Hello Gabi. I read your post. I'm a 63 year old male and cannot imagine what you have been going through. I'm not a therapist but one thing I did notice throughout your post is you continue to refer to the baby you aborted as "IT". To me that's a clear sign of disconnect. It's one way that you are able to deal with the abortion. We have all gone through our own trials and tribulations that we've brought on ourselves, so I'm the last person to judge you. It's something that's happened, you can't change it so how do you move forward. If you are truly seeking open honest advice. I would say that there were other options to having an abortion. I've lived a long life and made plenty of my share of mistakes and as I looked back over my life, I too have regrets on decisions I've made, and if given the chance I would have done things differently. I'm a Christian man and being a Christian over the past 26 years, one of the things I learned is given enough time, Jesus not only forgives the mistakes we make but He also fills the hole in our hearts. My wife just lost her mom and I told her, sweetie, the emptiness you are feeling right now, the hole in your heart that you have right now, believe me, give it time, Jesus will take away that emptiness and He will fill that hole in your heart, trust me. Gabi, I hope everything works out for you.

• Posted

I only say it because I do not know whether it was a boy or a girl, there definitely was other options to having an abortion but I didn’t want to give too much time to think. Thank you for your words and I’m really sorry to read about your wife losing her mother. X
    • Posted

Hi gabi32298

You will come to terms with this. You were obviously in a distraught state after splitting with your partner after six years. Your duty now is to love and take care of the beautiful child you have. Give him/her as you said " the best life possible"....millions of women have gone through what you are experiencing. Make a wonderful life for you and your child and stop feeling guilty and beating yourself up......i send my best wishes to you gabi 32298...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.