About 4 Weeks In After Increasing Dose

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey everyone.  So tonight after I take my pill will be my 28th day since increasing from 20mg to 30mg.

First 2 weeks was pretty bad due to the side effects.  Since then I’ve had days where I’m more positive/have good thoughts and I also feel like I’ve been having more good days as well.

I’ve been sleeping good again and my morning anxiety seems more tolerable.

However, I still have irrational worries/fears that linger on in the background.  Usually if I start to feel myself panic, I’m able to reel myself back in.  And it seems after I’m able to “conquer” an irrational fear, my anxiety had a new one pop up.

Just wanted to ask - are these feelings normal while starting on week 4?  I was on 20mg for 5 years and this is my first time increasing.  I feel I’ve forgotten what I went through when first going on medication.

Thanks! smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Was it bad when you started 5 years ago?? Yes all that you describe are due to the increase. About her 2-4 weeks and you will probably feel back to your old self hopefully. So good that you sleep well so many on these pills don’t me included! People on the forum say the irrational thoughts and anxiety are last to go. Keep posting to stay in touch x x 
    • Posted

Hi Glip.  I remember having a specific recurring irrational fear when I first when on 20mg, but I can’t remember when it all faded away or how my progress was each week.  I just remember that I started to feel better and then felt normal for 5 years lol.  I know a lot of people say the medication can take around 2 months to fully work.
    • Posted

Many people on here say 12 weeks so I have another 5 at most I hope!! When I started on them I was so sad now I find myself laughing again and enjoying certain things! But I think as yours is an increase you will come good sooner! Have a great week and do stuff you love x. 
    • Posted

*gilip - Oops, I noticed I spelt your username wrong - sorry!
    • Posted

Oh, wow - 12 weeks, really?  That makes me feel more hopeful that things will continue to get better!  It's weird - it almost feels like I'm starting over again on the medication even though I've still been on them, just a higher dose, lol.

I'm glad you feel a lot better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.