About endoscopy results - help

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello today i had an endscopy now i feel like bloated weird and stomach hurts, anyway they took 2 biopsies and the doc said might look like small barret s and i am scared now , i know i should wait for biopsies results but the diagnosis of barett is known only by biopsy or the doc saw it 100% during endoscopy? the barret can be misdiagnosed by endoscopy and no barret found in biopsy ?this things happens ? pls help and thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

During the Gastrocopy. They inflate your abdomen with gas. that's why you'll feel bloated and in pain. don't worry, that will pass. they blow air into your abdomen so they have more space to move the scope around inside. I'm sure it will pass, one way or another.

• Posted

yes it s horrible 😦 i took a simeticone for the bloating and eat very lil today but everything i ate makes me bloated , i am more worried about the barett if they find it , the doc took 2 biopsies i hope is not barett

• Edited

Family history. Your odds of having Barrett's esophagus increase if you have a family history of Barrett's esophagus or esophageal cancer.

Being male. Men are far more likely to develop Barrett's esophagus.

Being white. White people have a greater risk of the disease than do people of other races.

Age. Barrett's esophagus can occur at any age but is more common in adults over 50.

Chronic heartburn and acid reflux. Having GERD that doesn't get better when taking medications known as proton pump inhibitors or having GERD that requires regular medication can increase the risk of Barrett's esophagus.

Current or past smoking.

Being overweight. Body fat around your abdomen further increases your risk.

People with Barrett's esophagus have an increased risk of esophageal cancer. The risk is small, even in people who have precancerous changes in their esophagus cells. Fortunately, most people with Barrett's esophagus will never develop esophageal cancer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.