About my ankle

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,I've had a sprained ankle now over 3 months and a day.Its stiff all day and also it swells every morning when I starts moving around.I'm wondering did anyone had this problem besides me and how much longer?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would say go get it checked I thought mine was just sprained and after the MRI they saw my tendon and ligaments torn. Which eventually led me to having to have surgery.
    • Posted

I'mma have to do something it's just that I don't have any insurance I had 3 X-ray and all of them gave that it's sprained.

• Posted

you must have a consultation from foot and ankle surgeon because this may need a surgery... He may order some images like mri which may reveal the cause of problem.. But don't leave it because ankle pain is thr worst... I sprained my ankle 9 months ago and feeling stiff it may be an impingement and i may need a surgery next days... Good luck

• Posted

I would go with what your body tells you. After 3 months have you had improvements with the injury. Can you keep going the way your going and have quality of life. If no then get another dr for second opinion. I am 60 and very fearful of more surgery. The risk for me now is too high. I'm only just gaining all memory back after 41/2 months.   can be very frustrating. If your young the same problems are not there. But as we age the anaesthesia temporarily messes our brain and we get quite forgetful in little things . Families sometimes confuse this with dementia onset.   Go with what you think you can live with. And yes it's very hard without medical insurance. Good luck with recovery. Stay on the site here you will get a lot of ongoing support 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.