About shingles

Posted , 4 users are following.

Dear shingle sufferers , I'm not a medical expert, but after my episode of shingles I done lots of research, it's important to keep your scars areas away from the sun, should you get scars on your face be sure to wear a broad spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30+ to prevent permanent darkening of the scars, even when is not sunny day" it's easy to skip the sunscreen when it isn’t sunny outside but even when the sun doesn’t appear to be shining "its rays are there"

Peace and out

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for your advice but mine seem to be tween shoulder blades just a burning pain no rash as yet
    • Posted

If you take the antiviral as soon as possible, you should hopefully have minor symptoms only, mini also started with pain for about 3 weeks, my Dr sadly diagnosed it wrong, he thought it was kidney stones, now I'm not well at all because of this, I strongly advise you to find out as soon as possible if it's shingles? If it's you should start your antiviral medication promptly. taking the antiviral promptly will make significant difference in your treatment

• Posted

Tay,

You are absolutely correct.

I also advise wearing a cool hat if you live in an area such as Australia, NZ, Southern California, Arizona, NM, and during the summer in the States and UK...and long sleeves cotton or spf shirts.

Thank you for your advice. As I get recurrent episodes of Herpes Zoster Shingles as I was not diagnosed in a timely fashion, I find overexposure to sunlight can trigger an episode. Wearing a hat in the summer helps lessens the frequency and intensity of the episodes. (I get it in my ear, mouth, and throat.)

Thanks again Tay!!!

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Good Advice, I do believe that the sun can trigger these events. Although mine seem to come out in February and March....maybe no sun...Keep healthy everyone!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.