about to get diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

My problems started when i was 14 i had a huge stone which involved taking the whole gallbladder out. 30 yrs later i developed stone's in the bile duct which could not be removed, surgery was done to reroute the bile duct. I have been fighting Pancreatitis for 13 yrs now. Also the rerouting of my bile system left a spot where food can collect and then i got sepsis from that first episode of food being caught. I have had food moved 3 times now. I have soft debri and possible mass that has been biopsied also i have a puesdocyst that was biopsied. I am currently awaiting the results. I did see on My Chart the Dr. has ordered an appointment with a surgeon. Looking like i will have surgery either to remove all or part of the Pancreas. My whole PD is full of debris or cancer, time will tell ! Just wanted to share my story.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

So sorry Tina to hear what you have been through for so many years. I was diagnosed 1 1/2 years ago and only because a particular doctor decided to do some extra blood work. I am a senior and thought I was having a heart attack. Severe pain in my left shoulder, arm and jaw. I went to the ER the year before also and they sent me home saying my heart was ok. Even when you go for your yearly physical they do the basic blood work which didn't show I had any problem with my pancreas. It is chronic pancreatitus with me and I am not a drinker or smoker so who knows. It is not in my family Except my Mom was adopted and never told us much about her heritage. Keep on fighting as you never know as a cure could be near. I am convinced there is probably a cure for most diseases however how would these powerful drug companies make their billions of dollars if the truth came out.

i will say prayers for you for a successful surgery and a quick. recovery. Go bless and hang in there.

• Posted

Thank you for responding. I was wondering as i sit here and i am still waiting on my biopsy results why it has taking so long, my biopsies were done on Oct. 20th. I have called twice and basically was told by her secretary not to call back because she has left a sticky note on my chart to have my Dr. call me. Today is Nov. 5th and still no word tomorrow will be Monday maybe i will finally hear something ! I will pray for you Judith50134.
  • Posted

I have a confusing update, took over 3 weeks to get my biopsy results when i got results i was told she only biopsied a puedocyst and not the pancreas itself I have to say WTF , so i see a surgeon next thursday and talk about my optoins !!  I feel as if i am going in blind folded. The whole Pancreatic duct from head to tail is clogged so what does that mean ?  Was asking as i know it can't remain being blocked. Anyone have any advice ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.