About to start on Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine someone have a experience with those medications?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I supost to start taking that next Monday, because I still have benzodiazepines withdrawal it's being about 39 days of suffer, but I am scared, really scared to take this combination, It could be just my anxiety talking. but I am really terrified.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I understand your concerns. I am currently on Venlafaxine 150 mg in the morning daily and Mirtazapine 30 mg at night. I'm doing okay. I'm diagnosed with major depression and anxiety. I take the Mirtazapine 30 mg at night to help me sleep.

• Posted

I know I'm on somthing different from you which is citalopram 40mgs but just a heads up.. it's gunna be hard for u for the first 2 weeks I upped my dosed an my anxiety and depression went threw the roof but just keep in mind it has to get worse to get better an all antidepressants take 4 to 6 weeks to proper feel the effect! I'm on week three still down but not as much as my first two weeks it just ur body getting used to the medication!! If ur really worried go back to it GP but bear in mind it does take time and patients!! Good luck hun!!

• Posted

Thank you, Donald and Lauren, well I have my Hope's on this combination the California Rocket Fuel I am in the worse days of my life.

Anything that make me felt better it is welcomed.

But I obviously very scare, because of the benzodiazepines I really do not want to have a medical induced drogadiction over again.

• Posted

I just need to know it is worthy to take that risk, if you really feel good on those medications or not?

• Posted

Myriamr

Your GP knows your condition needs and given that you need to be able to trust him/her. There is nothing to be frightened about, your Doctor knows how any reactions will show themselves and given that he will be keeping an eye upon you. Trust and be advised, give the medications time to react together and help your illness to calm, allow five weeks for the actual changes to take place

BOB

• Posted

Thank you Bob, my doctor now it is a New Doctor because, my another doctor was the one who give to me the benzodiazepines for years.

My new Doctor do not want me to see my another Doctor anymore, for obvious reasons.

But I think she know what she doing, you are rigth ,I guess, I am worry to much here it is USA, and every doctor is different and ovey different tendencies and gave different approach about everything including medication and treatments.

I am really paranoic about medications too.

I having a really difficult time now trying to get out, from benzos it is a real bizarre and horrific night mare trust me.

• Posted

Right now, I cannot doubt my new Doctor, because she is trying to save my life, I am very sick, thanks to the benzodiazepines, I imagine that this medication is the most appropriate, for my difficult situation, because I can hardly eat nothing, and every night I sleep badly, and with horrible and very strange nightmares, I can't do anything my life is limited to surviving every day to horrible symptoms that I can't even describe, I just want someone to tell me that one day I'm going to be okay.

That's all 😥

• Posted

myriamr :

i myself have been on benzos for 17 years and it is very hard to get off. you need to taper it very slowly . it is a nightmare . I tried mirtazapine before and I gained a lot of weight from it . it is good for sleep . hope you are doing ok .

• Posted

Hello magmag thank you for your post.

Well, I don't think I have any other alternative than to accept taking those medications. On the other hand I don't understand why doctors prescribe Benzodiazepines for such supremely long periods. Even knowing that they are the most malignant epidemic of the 21st century, the Benzos are not supposed to be prescribed for more than two to fourth weeks and that is already a lot, my old Doctor, simply prescribed them as if he gave me Aspirins.

I know that I had tremendous anxiety and depression but even so, the damage is not justified and now it is too late.

Anyway the laws are getting tough, about that epidemic, here in Texas, Doctors can no longer prescribe Benzodiazepines So easy, as I knew,

Regarding the famous California Rocket Fuel Cocktail, well, nothing I will have to try and.

Just pray a lot in order that the remedy it is not worse than the illness.

It really sucks.

🙈🙈🙈

• Posted

Hello New update.

There a problem, something weird. Last night, I couldn't sleep last night and took a little more melatonin with the mirtazapine and suddenly I felt that I was dying, I was very sedated and it was like I left, and I couldn't be awake I was watched a movie to distract me , but I had to stop, I almost did not put anything away anything! Soon I left, and when I woke up was very difficult due, I was half conscious at night, a couple of times, I had very rare dreams, where I felt very exhausted, tired, groggy due frightful . But now I am waking up.

Reconciling sleep still very difficult still,And I don't know what to do because I need to sleep but no like that!

It is the only part that still difficult for me, also I still have anxiety in some moments during the day .

I am very confused. 😣

• Posted

Wow ok.

First update, it is the third day with California Rocket Fuel, and I already feel improvement, I do not sleep well yet, I do not sleep a whole night but, it is incredible, this works, and it does not make me hungry, I guess it is because, the Venlafanxine 75 MG is stronger, than the Mirtazadine of 7.5 MG, I take the Mirtazadine at night before bedtime, and the Venlafaxine in the morning when I wake up, today I do not take propanolol, the withdrawal effect of the benzos and the rebound effect It seems to succumb to the effect of these powerful medications!

Thank God 😊...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.