About two days ago I have been getting the feel to cry even when I'm not sad what is wrong with me?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have gotten the urge to cry when I'm alone or sitting in class I don't even know why,I am 12 years old, I don't feel upset or anything I just feel like crying like my body is weighing me down and I've told one of my friends and all she says is that I cry about everything and that I'm just nervous and I know it's not because of that. I don't know what it is or what I should do. When I was in art I felt like crying I had asked my teacher if I could go to the nurse because my head whas hurting when really I just felt like cryin and wanted I go home so my mom couldn't pick me up so I went to the bathroom and just out of nowhere started to cry, I don't know what to think or what to do? Does anyone know?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Amy, you are only 12.  Do your mother and dad know about your bouts of crying?  It could be that you have a sensitive temperament.  If this is it, there is nothing wrong with you.  But, you need to become aware of what may be triggering your crying.  Try to distract yourself by thinking of a very happy time, or concentrate very hard on what you are doing in art class, whatever it takes to head off the crying spell.  Please share the difficulties you are having with a trusted adult at home or at school.  You can get a handle on this problem and learn to deal with it.
    • Posted

Thanks for commenting and trying to give advice I appreciate it and I told my mom about it and she didn't really answer me so I just kept it to myself and A couple days ago my throat felt like it was closing and I stopped breathing for about a minute and I'm not so sure what it is but I'm getting better at controlling 
  • Posted

Amy at 12 your body is going through so many changes speak to your Mum we have all been their, but dont suffer in silence that will only make everything seen far worse good luck love

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.