Abscess After Appendix Removal

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello Everyone

This is my first post and I have been having trouble after my appendix surgery with an abscess.

The abscess was caused by a perforated appendix. Apparently some pus leaked out and caused the abscess to form.

I have had an abscess drain for about four weeks now and while I have got the drainage level down I can't get rid of the infection. I have been on a vegan diet for the past few days now and the drainage colour is clear more often now but it still is infected from yellow drainage periodically draining.

How can I get healed? It's been almost 8 weeks since my surgery and I'm getting very frustrated.

Is surgery a good option to go with to remove the abscess? The doctor did say it would be risky but I've been down for so long.

Any advise would be appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.