Abscess and no Meds!

Posted , 2 users are following.

last month i went to my dentist with major tooth pain under an old bridge. DENTIST said it was abscess and he referred me to an oral surgeon for tooth extraction. After calling multiple oral surgeons whom were all full at that time he decided to go ahead and pull it. He numbed me so i thought and he started to pull the tooth and it WAS PAINFUL.....he numbed it again and it came out in two pieces and it stunk the high heavens. He sent me on my way with no meds and told me to follow up in 2 weeks and I did, I was swollen and in pain and he said it was still infected and refereed me again to an oral surgeon. I called and made the appt with the oral surgeon and the first question they ask was what kind of meds my dentist put me on. After telling them I was on no meds they could not believe that and told me to call my dentist and ask them if I was infected do they not believe i should be on a infection med. They replied let me call you back......after 2 hours i had a prescription of Amoxicillin. When I went to the oral surgeon he said looked like it may have spread and told me to come back for a procedure where he cut into gums and ended up removing another tooth next to the one that was pulled. Been a nightmare to say the least. Been 4 days and it seems somewhat better with minimal pain. Oral surgeon said he took a biopsy to to ensure nothing else was going on there. Next follow up is Tuesday.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.