Skip to content

Dental Abscess

Also known as Abscess - Dental, Tooth Abscess

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Swelling after root canal —been on antibiotics already for 6 days!

I had a root canal done yesterday. My debtist put me on amoxicillin after seeing an infection around the root, so I have been on that for the past 6 days before I even got the root canal. However I now have swelling in my cheek and up near the top of my gum. I am super worried this will become an abcess...

Last reply
  • Curcumin for dental abcess ?

Hello, i have a tooth abcess, i take antibiotic but  i still have my abcess I want to take curcumin for this, but curcumin has anti inflammatory effect,  anti inflammatory drug are   not recommanded for  tooth abcess, what do you think  about curcumin for tooth abcess ?

Last reply
  • Severe Pain after back tooth extraction

I had 2 teeth extracted on Monday and I'm still in severe chronic pain, can't eat or anything, I have been to the dentist three times about this pain and she says she doesn't see anything wrong and that it's not dry socket, but she tried to put the dry socket paste in it and I came off...

Last reply
  • Toothache

I developed a toothache yesterday evening and has Hurt all day today some swelling in gum by that tooth will it kill me

Last reply
  • Dental abscess, so mich swelling and pain, what should I do?!?!

So I had an infection in my tooth which seemed to be contained and I was on amoxicillin for several days and got a root canal done. After the root canal though I started to develop an abscess. My entire face is swollen and I have painfull swelling near the top of my gumline where the cheek meets the...

Posted
  • Severe health anxiety is ruining my life

So I am 30. I've had anxiety since I was a young teen. It wasn't bad then. The last 4 years have been a night mare and the last year has been hell. I see a therapist and was told I should go on at I depressants to help. But, I'm terrified to take meds I have never taken before. I'm so...

Last reply
  • Agonizing Pain!!!

I am new at this pain stuff I don't even have insurance , maybe I should just start by saying that this pain just popped up out of the blue. I have an abssesed tooth and don't know how to sleep , eat , or drink with the darned thing , any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Last reply
  • Dental work triggers cluster headache cycle....now what?

Since 1991, I quit going to the dentist unless I needed a tooth pulled. The reason is...after having my teeth cleaned way back then...I went into my first chronic cluster headache cycle which lasted 1 and 1/2 years. 4-6 cluster headaches per day. Each headache lasting 45 minutes to 1 and 1/2 hrs at a...

Last reply
  • Thyroid surgery and abscess tooth

I am scheduled to have thyroid surgery on the 22nd total thyroid removal but I got this abscess on my teeth and it doesn't seem to be going away it is just hard . And it's making me feel so bad the left side of my face is swollen, and the knot on my face is hard and tender to touch and I'm...

Last reply
  • Tooth removal..

My girlfriend has severe tooth pain & has been to dentist & he is going to remove the tooth but she has to wait a month because that is the nearest appointment,how can they leave her in pain for a month??

Last reply
  • Tooth extraction now this

So I got my left bottom wisdom tooth pulled Dec 8th had to get oral surgery for it at first ended up with dry socket that got fixed or so I thought after that was all better I noticed a lump on my lower jaw by where my tooth was extracted now it has grown three sizes went back to the dentist and he thought...

Last reply
  • Root canal retreatment excruciating pain

I got a root canal retreatment last Wednesday (4 almost 5 days ago). The tooth that was retreated was a tooth that’s been giving me problems for a year now . So about a year ago I got a root canal done on that tooth and I told the dentist it was still very sensitive and bothering me , he told me the...

Last reply
  • Severe pain after tooth extraction

I had a lower back molar out last Wednesday as I had the worst toothache. The dentist had a job getting it out as it broke. I also think he was in a hurry as he said he was already behind. Ever since I have been in agonising pain which is unbearable especially at night. I cannot sleep or eat and...

Last reply
  • Infection under root canal

So about 4 days ago, I started getting this intense pain on the right side of my mouth. I had a root canal on one of my molars 5 years ago. Today I went to the dentist and he did his X-rays and compared how my root canal was looking. It's still the same. He tapped on top of the tooth and the pain...

Last reply
  • Please read and tell me I’ll be okay.

Okay so, a couple months ago I cracked my back left molar not eating anything I was sitting in the car and noticed a piece of my tooth fall out. I had no pain or anything. Slowly it started to hurt and I put it off. I went to my normal doctors for a check up and told her it was bothering me and I was...

Last reply
  • Stomach problems

Hi hopefully looking for some advice. Im a 40 year old fairly fit male.I have suffered for 5 years now with ongoing problems starting with h pylori. After constant doses of anti-biotics and regular ant-acids i decided to domy own research. I tried different things mastika, pro biotic drinks(which helped)...

Last reply
  • Impacted wisdom tooth and cyst

Hi all, last Tuesday I was in pain so visited my dentist. He x-rayed my teeth and said my lower right wisdom tooth was impacted and had a large cyst under the root. My tooth had grew in at an akward angle and he wouldn't extract but he made an urgent referral to an oral surgeon. He told me to alternate...

Posted
  • Bad breath

I have had bad breath for the past 2-years and it's bebeen hell. I don't know what to do anymore I have bee to the dentists and my gums are fine. I have mucus on my throat all the time and I think that's the problem but I don't know where to start. I explained this to my doctor but iWill...

Last reply
  • Abscess Swelling Worsening

Hi, recently my dentist found an abscess tooth in my mouth. I was not in too much pain until he drained it for the first time, which it worsened more until I woke up with it swollen and I had to get it drained again two days after the first draining. My dentist told me that the swelling would take a...

Posted
  • Tooth extraction

I had an abscess in my tooth and on 18 December I was advised by the dentist to have the tooth extracted,  The dentist had problems with getting my tooth out and the tooth broke while trying to pull the tooth out.  Finally after the tooth came out I was shaking by the trauma of what I...

Last reply
  • I need help

So a week ago I went to the emergency room because I had my wisdom teeth removed and I had yellow pus coming out so the emergency room Dr gave me penicillin vk 500 me tablets it's been a week and I still have pus coming out of the extraction site anits hard to open my mouth as well dose anyone have...

Posted
  • Dental abscess or sinus infection?

A couple days ago i woke up with mild tooth pain. It felt like my tooth had been bruised. Throughout the day the pain got worse and became more throbbing and constant, so i went to the dentist. The dentist did a full comprehensive exam and took X-rays of all my teeth. She told me the pain must be from...

Last reply
  • Swelling in jaw not disappearing

A few days ago, my tooth ached and my lower jaw started swelling; I was put on Clindamycin for antibiotics. It's been three days and although the swelling has been arrested, it won't disappear. My right lower jaw feels tender and the lump below is hard. Dentist says to give the antibiotics another...

Last reply
  • Lock jaw after a tooth infection

I had a severe tooth infection almost 2 months ago, went to urgent care and got amoxicillin and after 5 days it still wasn't helping any so went back and they gave me bactrum. Within 3 days I was feeling better and around 6 days I was pain free. Now 3 days ago I noticed pain in that same side of...

Last reply
  • I'm really lost and feel so angry inside

I hate my life. I use to be so hip, and fun but I was using marijuana and had no responsibilites , i was just finding my sekf. Then i had a child and almost died after child birth , my bf and i had a really rocky relationship in beginning he cheated on me and i did too as well. We kind of got pressured...

Last reply
  • Antibiotics 1 week no relief Absessed Tooth

This is the worst kind of pain, waiting to see oral sugeon in one week. This is from begging for appointment earlier than one month. Ibuprofen is only thing that touches pain but it pushes up blood pressure and upsets stomach. Any suggestions?

Last reply
  • Possible Cavity? Please help!

Hello, I took this photo of my teeth as they are extremely sensitive lately and I was just wondering if this image shows a cavity or not. I just visited a dentist and he said my teeth are perfect but need a second opinion. Thanks.

Posted
  • severe headache and dizziness a few time

​2 months ago i started experiencing severe headaches.although i had a history of it but this time it was quite severe and also accompanied with dizziness.i thought it was neuro issue.so i went to neurosurgeon and he prescribed me some medicines.than one day i felt pain on the end side of my left jaw.i...

Posted
  • Abscess Tooth Guidance?

I have at least 1, most likely 2 access teeth on the top right of my mouth. I had the same problem on the other side a few months ago but I don't think they actually got infected. What happened is my wisdom tooth and my moler broke off pretty bad. I was in an incredible amount of pain and the dentist...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.