Skip to content

Dental Abscess

Also known as Abscess - Dental, Tooth Abscess

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Tooth infecton HELP swollen!

5 days ago my broken tooth started pulsing and it lasted a whole night.. In the morning I felt that my jaw is swollen.. I called my dentist and they gace me appointment for nezt day..Next day I felt a hard ball under mi jaw on the left side and that area around that lymph node is also swollen. I got...

• Scammed or not

General dentist said I had infection in my root. She sent 2d exrays to endonontist. Endodontist did not take any xrays and said I had 4 infected teeth. He did the work and charged outrageous money. I took my xrays to another endodontist who said the proper procedure would have been for the endodontist...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Tooth infecton HELP swollen!

5 days ago my broken tooth started pulsing and it lasted a whole night.. In the morning I felt that my jaw is swollen.. I called my dentist and they gace me appointment for nezt day..Next day I felt a hard ball under mi jaw on the left side and that area around that lymph node is also swollen. I got...

Posted
  • Concerned about actual problem

A few months ago I started having headaches on the left side of my head, achiness in my neck and the left side of my face was a bit swollen and I could hear my blood pressure in my left ear. I went to every doctor imaginable (PC, neurologist, vascular, cardiologist). I had several tests run.  Finally,...

Last reply
  • One sided congested mucus feeling back of throat and down neck

Hello. I hope that someone here is able to provide insight into the symptoms I've been experiencing relating to my teeth, tongue and throat. Allow me to start from the beginning. This is not a dental story but I feel these details may relate. 2 years ago I went to my dentist with pain in my lower...

Last reply
  • Scammed or not

General dentist said I had infection in my root. She sent 2d exrays to endonontist. Endodontist did not take any xrays and said I had 4 infected teeth. He did the work and charged outrageous money. I took my xrays to another endodontist who said the proper procedure would have been for the endodontist...

Posted
  • Severe pain after tooth extraction

I had a lower back molar out last Wednesday as I had the worst toothache. The dentist had a job getting it out as it broke. I also think he was in a hurry as he said he was already behind. Ever since I have been in agonising pain which is unbearable especially at night. I cannot sleep or eat and...

Last reply
  • Wisdom tooth abscess

Hello everyone! I am currently in absolute agony to the point i where i have no idea what to do with myself due to an infection around my upper right wisdom tooth. I went to the dentist yesterday after having a small niggle for a day or so, he prescribed me 200mg metrodianizol and said there is a infection...

Last reply
  • Dental abscess

Hi all, I cracked a tooth while I was 8 months pregnant and the doctor suggested I wait until after baby was born to get it treated (I was already leaking fluid) well I had baby and put it off for 2.5 months. My tooth started hurting so I went to he dentist who gave me amoxil and anti inflammatory, sent...

Posted
  • Hi

Do anybody ever suffer from a white tongue and dry mouth do anybody know what that is I ain't never had it my tongue is white in my mouth is always dry

Last reply
  • Tooth infection - agonizing pain any advice please

Like so many here my infection started as a niggling pain in my bottom lefentist t molar. I am due to have a root canal on this tooth in 2 weeks time but the next day the little niggle had exploded into unctrollable head cutting off agonizing pain, i tried relieving the pain just using paracetomol but...

Last reply
  • Dental infection agony.

Trying to cope with dental infection pain. So thursday arrives n a sip of coffe jerks up my tooth n bites. Cue throbbing pain. Friday wake up insubstantial pain. But im a tuff ol cookie with a todo list so grab cocodamol n ibuprofen n get too it. But only just. Back to Saturday.. wake up to the most...

Last reply
  • Tooth infection drain and Wisdom tooth removal

Getting a wisdom and the two molars next to it pulled on the 29th of March 2018 . I have severe dry socket with one other extraction. I had an infection they drained it I'm not a whole lot of pain but my jaw is still killing me. All I see is horror stories about wisdom teeth does anybody have any...

Last reply
  • Dental infection, day 3 of antibiotics and facial swelling

Hello I had terrible pain in upper right teeth over the weekend, on Monday it had settled on one tooth that I couldn't touch at all.  Got into Dentist and she took one look and said infected tooth.  Gave me Amoxycillin 500mg tds.  Pain on Monday was dreadful and was taking Brufen. ...

Last reply
  • Excruciating pain after wisdom tooth abscess extraction!

Ive had an abscess in my wisdom tooth and then had difficult extraction last Fri where crown came off and tooth needed drilling and took 25 minutes to get it out, roots left in.  I've been left in agony with dry socket and have been back 4 times to dentist and taken 2 sets of antibiotics and...

Last reply
  • Curcumin for dental abcess ?

Hello, i have a tooth abcess, i take antibiotic but  i still have my abcess I want to take curcumin for this, but curcumin has anti inflammatory effect,  anti inflammatory drug are   not recommanded for  tooth abcess, what do you think  about curcumin for tooth abcess ?

Last reply
  • Severe Pain after back tooth extraction

I had 2 teeth extracted on Monday and I'm still in severe chronic pain, can't eat or anything, I have been to the dentist three times about this pain and she says she doesn't see anything wrong and that it's not dry socket, but she tried to put the dry socket paste in it and I came off...

Last reply
  • Toothache

I developed a toothache yesterday evening and has Hurt all day today some swelling in gum by that tooth will it kill me

Last reply
  • Dental abscess, so mich swelling and pain, what should I do?!?!

So I had an infection in my tooth which seemed to be contained and I was on amoxicillin for several days and got a root canal done. After the root canal though I started to develop an abscess. My entire face is swollen and I have painfull swelling near the top of my gumline where the cheek meets the...

Posted
  • Severe health anxiety is ruining my life

So I am 30. I've had anxiety since I was a young teen. It wasn't bad then. The last 4 years have been a night mare and the last year has been hell. I see a therapist and was told I should go on at I depressants to help. But, I'm terrified to take meds I have never taken before. I'm so...

Last reply
  • Agonizing Pain!!!

I am new at this pain stuff I don't even have insurance , maybe I should just start by saying that this pain just popped up out of the blue. I have an abssesed tooth and don't know how to sleep , eat , or drink with the darned thing , any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Last reply
  • Dental work triggers cluster headache cycle....now what?

Since 1991, I quit going to the dentist unless I needed a tooth pulled. The reason is...after having my teeth cleaned way back then...I went into my first chronic cluster headache cycle which lasted 1 and 1/2 years. 4-6 cluster headaches per day. Each headache lasting 45 minutes to 1 and 1/2 hrs at a...

Last reply
  • Thyroid surgery and abscess tooth

I am scheduled to have thyroid surgery on the 22nd total thyroid removal but I got this abscess on my teeth and it doesn't seem to be going away it is just hard . And it's making me feel so bad the left side of my face is swollen, and the knot on my face is hard and tender to touch and I'm...

Last reply
  • Tooth removal..

My girlfriend has severe tooth pain & has been to dentist & he is going to remove the tooth but she has to wait a month because that is the nearest appointment,how can they leave her in pain for a month??

Last reply
  • Tooth extraction now this

So I got my left bottom wisdom tooth pulled Dec 8th had to get oral surgery for it at first ended up with dry socket that got fixed or so I thought after that was all better I noticed a lump on my lower jaw by where my tooth was extracted now it has grown three sizes went back to the dentist and he thought...

Last reply
  • Root canal retreatment excruciating pain

I got a root canal retreatment last Wednesday (4 almost 5 days ago). The tooth that was retreated was a tooth that’s been giving me problems for a year now . So about a year ago I got a root canal done on that tooth and I told the dentist it was still very sensitive and bothering me , he told me the...

Last reply
  • Infection under root canal

So about 4 days ago, I started getting this intense pain on the right side of my mouth. I had a root canal on one of my molars 5 years ago. Today I went to the dentist and he did his X-rays and compared how my root canal was looking. It's still the same. He tapped on top of the tooth and the pain...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.