Skip to content
Ad

Dental Abscess

Also known as Abscess - Dental, Tooth Abscess

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Wisdom tooth

I went last Thursday to the dentist they pulled my back tooth aswell as my wisdom tooth. I was fine till Saturday afternoon i got very bad pain. On Monday i went back they open the wound again and discover that the bloos clot was gone. So they cleaned it put a stitch in again and gave me again painkillers...

Last reply
  • Lump in wisdom tooth extraction site

i had a difficult wisdom tooth extraction 12 days ago.A few days later I developed an infection and completed a weeks course of antibiotics.The pain and swelling have mostly gone but I have developed a hard cyst like growth in the socket which has nearly closed the hole but doesn't look right?It...

Posted
  • PLEASE HELP!! Problems after ancessed tooth extraction

Hi everyone, so while I was pregnant I got a bump on my gum and the dentist wasn't concerned and when I googled the issue it said that with the change of hormones it can occur during pregnancy and breastfeeding and will go away afterwards. Well, after pregnancy I breastfed for 26 months and it was...

Last reply
  • Severe pain after tooth extraction

I had a lower back molar out last Wednesday as I had the worst toothache. The dentist had a job getting it out as it broke. I also think he was in a hurry as he said he was already behind. Ever since I have been in agonising pain which is unbearable especially at night. I cannot sleep or eat and...

Last reply
  • Easy Home Cures For Toothache

What Is A Toothache? Easy Home Cures For Toothache Seems like a straightforward answer doesn’t it? but it’s one of those things where until you actually experience it firsthand for yourself nobody on the planet can ever explain it to you, no description is apt enough to detail the...

Posted
  • Tooth extraction

I had a tooth out 2 weeks ago,and im still experiencing pain and theres also swelling of my gum. Theres no smell or blood,is this normal?

Last reply
  • Impacted Wisdom Tooth/Possible Dental Abscess

Hi there,  My bottom right wisdom tooth is definitely impacted. The pain is extremely severe. It hurts constantly but it is even more painful to swallow, chew, drink, and talk, even with the use of ibuprofen and acetaminophen. I'm also using topical benzocaine and that helps provide me some...

Last reply
  • Removal of abscessed tooth but gum still swollen?

Hello everyone. Just after a bit of advice and reassurance really. Back in April I developed a tooth infection due to a bad filling which resulted in an abscess. I wasn't in much pain but my gum was swollen. I was travelling at the time and ended up trying to ignore it as it was difficult and expensive...

Last reply
  • Tooth abscess. Need some advice

Ive had problems with my lower back tooth for quite a while now and I've needed it taken out for a few months. Ive been waiting until my appointment in November to be put to sleep for it because I am a massive scaredy cat when it comes to anything done to my body or that could hurt. However for the...

Last reply
  • Abscess questions PLEASE help

Hello, I have an abscess, lower left big tooth (third I think) Anyway, started off last weekend feeling unwell, headache a bit fluey, then sunday tooth started to niggle. Called dentist on Monday as by then pain in jaw, around ear and eye. He said I could go in on the Tuesday PM. He said the tooth...

Last reply
  • Reoccurring Cellulitis

I'm a 20 year old female I got cellulitis on my left knee almost 5 months ago it started as a pimple on my leg and when I popped it it suddenly turned into a swollen mess,my parents are doctors so I got on antibiotics a few days after it flared up and nearly a week later since it started it developed...

Posted
  • Tooth infection - agonizing pain any advice please

Like so many here my infection started as a niggling pain in my bottom lefentist t molar. I am due to have a root canal on this tooth in 2 weeks time but the next day the little niggle had exploded into unctrollable head cutting off agonizing pain, i tried relieving the pain just using paracetomol but...

Last reply
  • 4 broken teeth and I'm 18

For the last few years my teeth have gradually started breaking, one of my back molars broke years ago and I had a filling put in but my dentist said I have problems with how my teeth have grown in and it is causing them to break as the gums are pushing them apparently, my filling then fell out as she...

Last reply
  • I lost a top back molar a couple of years ago...

Never had any problems with it. But i do have bad teeth. A few days ago after brushing, I noticed a ache and sensitivity. I am overdue for a cleaning. Most of the time it doesn't ache, (no real pain). I made the mistake of googling, and am afraid I have an abscess tjat is going to...

Posted
  • I lost a top back molar a couple of years ago...

Never had any problems with it. But i do have bad teeth. A few days ago after brushing, I noticed a ache and sensitivity. I am overdue for a cleaning. Most of the time it doesn't ache, (no real pain). I made the mistake of googling, and am afraid I have an abscess tjat is going to...

Posted
  • Dental Abscess - Most Pain Ever!

Just to share my nightmare of having a dental abscess under a crown may make the agony go away albeit temporarily. It started Monday and I managed to get a 'sit and wait' appointment at my dentist on Wednesday. An xray showed the abscess was under my front crown and I was given antibiotics...

Last reply
  • Root canal pain years later

Just posting this as a warning if you are considering a root canal. I have very soft teeth and have had around 4-5 root canals in past 15 years. Four of which have gone bad after thousands of dollars spent on root canal procedures and crowns...last fall 2016, I was in extreme pain with a tooth that had...

Posted
  • Popped bump in mouth

Had a bump on my gums pushed it and pus came out then I kept messing with it and my fingernail split it and it bled for quite a while and now there is a purplish dot where the bump used to be is this normal

Last reply
  • i feel so bead what can i do ?

ome days I feel so fever and my body is every time painful and I am do not my work so friends any beady suggestions me what can I do, so  pleas help me my all friends.

Posted
  • Dental Pain

I've been having issues with my tooth for about a week and after a miserable weekend I made an dentist appt July 3rd I was given amoxicillin and Norco for pain an infection.  My dentist office is closed next week so I can't have my root canal done until the following week.  Does the...

Last reply
  • Lump in gum

Hi all Had a few issues with my root canal since it was done a couple of years back. Sometimes it hurts a little to bite down on it, although hurt probably isn't the right word as there is no nerve but basically sometimes i can't chew on it. So this started about a month ago but then i also...

Posted
  • SO SO SCARED PLEASE HELP.

I am so scared I am dying from an infection. My tooth fell out a few months ago and ever since I have not had any real pain at all. But there seems to be a little bit of swelling behind where the tooth used to be. I have googled and I have convinced myself it is spreading to my brain and heart and I...

Last reply
  • Sore hard/soft pallet

I noticed The roof of my mouth was tender and irritated yesterday. This morning I woke up and I have developed a raised, painful spot just to the left of the bone protrusion on my pallet. It's located kind of in between the hard and soft pallet. It has been throbbing. I'd say the inflammation...

Last reply
  • bang on head

fell getting out of a boat 1 month ago and sounded like a coconut being cracked open. Since then two detal absesses. Is there a causal connection?

Posted
  • Tooth absess

I had my tooth drilled and drained today once the injection wore off the pain and discomfort was as bad as it was before ! Any ideas please

Posted
  • Post root canal abscess

OK, exactly one week ago I had a root canal on a tooth right next to my two front teeth. I had been having minor pain and swelling that you couldn't see visualy but definitely could be seen on the xray. The dentist said the infection looked concentrated around one tooth but could have possibly...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.