Cheek Twitching and Braces

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had braces when I was 16 years old my teeth climb back due not wearing retainer.

Now I am 24 years old and second are metal braces , I have overbite and also my bottom jaw is a bit inside more than suppose to be.

I have braces for 6 months, first 5 months making spaces even I already had gaps everything was perfect and slowly I saw a bit of improvement.

6 months problem came he decided to close the gaps he used only 1 rubber band for the whole top teeth! The pain was later on just like when I got my braces for the first time sore teeth for bite and eating.

After leaving the orthodontist clinic 3 hours after my tightening adjustment, my left cheek started to twitching.

It is only twitching If I smile , laugh , eat , chew , brushing my teeth.

It has been a month now and still didn't settle at all.

I am very scared my orthodontist said it is very unusual and I think he doesn't know what exactly went wrong

I am so scared it is maybe permanent stays or maybe my nerve or muscle will be damaged.

Will it go away during my braces treatment?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.