Feeling deep despair over dark spot on dental x-ray (photo attached).

Posted , 3 users are following.

Any opinions on this would mean a lot to me. Almost two years ago, a dark spot was spotted above one of my top front teeth.  I waited to get a second opinion.  I was told it was either a large abcess or a cyst.  I finally had a root canal done late last year and was told that would clear it up.  Well today I had my first x-ray since the procedure and the dark spot is still there and has grown a little (see attached photo).  What is going on?  

I already have very high anxiety since loosing both my parents in the last 11 months.  Now I am convinced this is cancer and heading into the weekend I'm at a low point.  Reaching out to you guys for any thoughts.  Thank you.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi dusty

Appears to be a radicular cyst but you need a definitive diagnosis.

You need to see your dentist and get a referral to an oral medicine/oral surgery department to do this.

Hope this helps

Gareth

• Posted

Thank you for the reply.  I have been working with an Endodontist since the root canal.  They are telling me I need an Apicoectomy to remove this thing which they say looks very "cyst like".  Do you know anything about this procedure?  And are lesions that look like mine ever known to be cancerous?  Thank you.

• Posted

It be blood or muscle exposure. I do not mean literally exposed. Its not anything to worry about. This is something normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.