I have jaw pain that seems to be getting worse, what could this be?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a young adult, and I’ve had quite the dental complications. Over the course of a year, i have recieved about 26 cavity fillings (towards the begging of the year) which went perfectly fine. Not much pain after, just soreness. Then, i had a root canal done which went fine as well. After all of this, i was fine and nothing hurt anymore. Then i started getting infections due to a baby tooth. I ended up getting that baby tooth pulled, because after 4 different antibiotics in the course of 6 months, it was getting to a point where even strong antibiotics wouldn’t do much of anything. The dentist said once i get it pulled, the infection should go away. I got the tooth extracted, and everything was perfectly fine. No pain as usual after i get dental procedures. It’s been about two months since i got my tooth extracted, however, and i feel like my lymph node is slightly swollen on the same side of the mouth that i got the tooth extracted, and when i bite down, i feel great soreness/slight pain on all of my teeth/jaw on that side of my mouth. I am going to make a dentist appointment tomorrow, but don’t know how long from now they will take me. I just wanted some peace of mind and to see what others think it might be?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.