Nerve pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi I've recently joined a dentist for a regular check up who advised i needed to have 8 fillings done although i had no pain in my tooth. Some were minor fillings and 2 were deep fillings. He advised to get them all done before i started my invisalign course. so I had them all done over the space of 2 weeks and was aware that I would experience some sensitivity however my last filling (deep molar filling) has been really painful. I've revisited the dentist three times where he has attempted to fix the bite each time and made adjustments hoping this is the problem however i feel each time its made it worse and every time i return home the pain increases to the point where i can no longer put any pressure on it and is just a continuous excruciating pain. When i went back to him the 3rd time he gave me amoxicillin and advised to take pain killers which hasn't helped with pain relief. I've just returned from the A&E who have prescribed me with co drydramol and ibuprofen to help relieve the pain. they have advised to go back to the dentist however I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to go back to be told its because the bite still isn't right and go through another night of excruciating pain. I'm not sure if the nerves are infected or if i need a root canal treatment. this pain only started after had a deep filling which he said was close to the nerve. can anyone please advise me on what to do or what this ?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.