Concerned about actual problem

Posted , 4 users are following.

A few months ago I started having headaches on the left side of my head, achiness in my neck and the left side of my face was a bit swollen and I could hear my blood pressure in my left ear. I went to every doctor imaginable (PC, neurologist, vascular, cardiologist). I had several tests run. 

Finally, on Friday, the vascular doctor looked at my CT with contrast test results and said, "I didn't find any tumors, the test was not easy to read, they did it wrong, but I did see the veins in your left cheek are swollen. You may have an aneurysm in your brain or a AVM (serious condition in brain) and we need more tests to see what it is". These tests, by the way, are semi invasive and dangerous. I, of course, panicked.

On Saturday, I mentioned to my neighbor about it and that I also have to see the dentist for this abscess and bad tooth infection, which sucks. He said, "where is the tooth infection and abscess"? I told him it was the top left tooth. He said, "the one under your cheek and where all of your problems are"? My confused answer was "yes".

He said, "honey, you most likely don't have a serious brain issue, it's probably all because of your abscess and infected tooth". I didn't realize, and to be honest, am still not convinced that an abscessed tooth and infection can cause a headache on one side of the head, neck ache and my cheek to swell up and my blood pressure to be heard in my ear. But, he insisted so I went on Monday to have my tooth removed. 

They pulled it and gave me antibiotics. I am hoping with everything inside of me that was the cause of this. But I am not convinced.

Does anyone else have a story like this? Has a tooth abscess/infection caused similar symptoms? How long until you felt relief, etc?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have similar symptoms only on the right side of my head and ear. I have an impacted tooth on that side but the xray didn't show anything wrong with it.

Yesterday I had another xray of front teeth which showed something is wrong with the bone.

I wonder if you feel any change? 

please let me know

• Posted

I’m having the same problem and it’s my upper left tooth. It’s being on and off for a year although I made an apt today to just get the darn thing pulled today. Has your issues gotten better?
  • Posted

Honestly in your case, when things are really bad and the infection really grows it can effect other areas of the face and neck. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.