abscess in private area. busted!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok in pain one huge one just busted i put a gauze with tea tree oil and a carrier oil on itBust still have another bump right where panty hits it in leg crease i also put tea tree oil . anything else i can do i hate this 😦

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Felkatz

My wife is the one with HS and will be reply to you.

I have HS in a similar place which you describe, I have used many prescribed medications over the years Such as Metronidazole 200 mg and 400 mg Tablets and Steroids from my GP. I also do not use any soap in that area I wash with a solution of Hibi Scrub (HiBiScrub is a hospital standard antiseptic skin cleanser) which is available over the counter or from your GP.

Depending on your life style, do not use panty's with a seam that rubs on that area as this will keep irritating the groin and making it sore. Try to use women's soft boxer type underwear were the seam is on your leg rater than in your groin, and in the evenings after work or collage, I was advised by a female GP not to wear any pants at all while relaxing. But as I said earlier that all depends on you age, situation and life style.

There are many other crams and prescribed medications that are used, some only used if under a hospital consultant.

Below is a cut and paste from google but it all depends which country you live in which drug is used

Adalimumab (Humira). .

Infliximab (Remicade). This product is not FDA approved, but doctors still use it to treat the condition.

Hope you find a solution that's eases your HS that suits you

• Posted

soaking a cloth in hot water then applying to the bump will ease pain and help bring it to a head. also, antibacterial soaps help immensley.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.