Abscess not healing

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had abscess that drained. No pain or fever now. It seems to be unable to heal. I don't have it covered and it may be friction from underwear or mini pad causing it to not close completely. Does that make sense? It still weeps pinkish fluid (tiny amount). Advice please.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello did you have to have the abscess packed, maybe just for a short while you need a dressing over it to help it to close completely, how big and how long ago was this ?
    • Posted

Thanks for responding. The abscess drained on its own. Went on dr. Got antibiotics twice. This all began at the end of October. The place that isn't completely healed is tiny. Not as big as my pinky nail. It does not hurt. It just seems to get irritated. Like the skin is very fragile. I've also been having what my dr. Called genital acne. I've been twice for that! I think she thinks I am crazy. She says it's all very common, not for me though.
    • Posted

Also, the abscess was not packed.
  • Posted

To be honest, I think that as you say maybe your pad or underwear is rubbing on it and aggravating it. Im hoping someone else sees this as I am not 100% sure that the hole does close completely because I have had some major problems with mine. I hope you get it sorted really soon, it is upsetting and makes you feel dirty because it keeps weeping. Very good luck to you 
    • Posted

Thank you! I love my dr. And don't really want to go show my booty/privates to anybody else! I think I just freak out about everything.......working on that too. I'm gonna see if I can put a bandage over this for a few days to see if that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.